Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 02-11-2020

I’ve also got one of those apple peeler slicer things. It’s brilliant.
It was me veggie I pinched the sun  Cool .  And while it was sunny I made a good start on the fencing for my little tree plantation.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 02-11-2020

OK, you can have it since its a good cause. I do have the moon though- a huge bright full moon that has just risen over the trees.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 03-11-2020

Just had a walk down the canal into town to have a couple of pints b4 lockdown2.

Scouted a few areas to get more leaves and found a blackthorn bush.

I picked a few handfuls of sloes although my understanding is it may be a bit early but I can mimick the first frost by freezing them?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 03-11-2020

Yes, bung them in the freezer until you're ready to use them.

Today, I cleared the Black cherry tomato plants from the GH and collected a tray of tomatoes in various stages of ripeness.

Moved 2 Physalis plants in buckets into the GH and pruned them back to new growth. Took a cutting of one leggy shoot. Hope to have a few fruits over winter.
Shooed 2 chooks out of the GH!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 03-11-2020

(03-11-2020, 07:26 PM)Veggie Wrote: Yes, bung them in the freezer until you're ready to use them.

Today, I cleared the Black cherry tomato plants from the GH and collected a tray of tomatoes in various stages of ripeness.

Moved 2 Physalis plants in buckets into the GH and pruned them back to new growth. Took a cutting of one leggy shoot. Hope to have a few fruits over winter.
Shooed 2 chooks out of the GH!
Thanks Veggie

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 04-11-2020

Weeding and mulching day - new maple trees, asparagus bed, artichokes.
Started trying to clear a patch of comfrey.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 04-11-2020

Evening all. Been a nice bright day fishing. Caught no fish, but what the heck, the fresh air and weather made up for it. Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Spec - 04-11-2020

Watered my new raised bed with some diluted acetic acid (vinigar) also pulled tomatoes and removed the last of my tomato plants from the greenhouse, I have never had tomatoes as late as this before

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 04-11-2020

My blackberries have finished so I've cut back the canes tying in the new growth to the wires.
Raked more leaves and gathered saved seeds.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 05-11-2020

Flying visit to the allotment earlier. Raked a previously dug area ready for planting and came away with a bag full of ripe tomatoes. Cool