Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 31-08-2020

Waited until the sun had dried the grass a bit, then cut the lawn. Made an apple pie with six of the small apples from my tree. Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 31-08-2020

Dug some perennial weeds out of next year's potato bed. Found some Red Russian kale seedlings and a couple of blackcurrants so dug those up and replanted them elsewhere.
Gathered a bucket of windfall apples - I'll be peeling and cooking them tonight for the freezer.
Thinned some crossing branches out of the plum trees.
Sunshiny day and the ground was very workable - not too damp and not too dry.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 31-08-2020

Seed cleaning. Pulled all onions, now drying in tunnel. Weeded and covered that bed.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 31-08-2020

Turned this year's compost, it was really hot inside Smile. Trimmed privet, or at least he did and I helped clear up. Weeded, picked the last few of the red currants. Bemoaned the fact that we have been eating huge sweetcorn for weeks and are finally coming to the end of them, and I forgot to take any pictures for harvest festival. I blame the fact that they're picked so close to dinner time there's no time to mess about with photos

RE: Tell us what you did today - Baldy - 31-08-2020

Need to get some more weed suppresant - remind me not to 'lend' it to people, never comes back. Cleaewd a couple of beds. Won runup prize in annual scarecrowe competion,

RE: Tell us what you did today - Eyren - 01-09-2020

• Re-seated CFB canes that were leaning at a drunken angle thanks to recent high winds
  • Trimmed off a load of wind-damaged leaves - there's lots of new growth at the top, so I think we'll get another harvest or two
  • Harvested a lone outdoor tomato - the earliest ones all split because of the torrential rain that followed the heatwave
  • Watered all my indoor seedlings as it was so hot and sunny this morning

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 01-09-2020

Cleared some rotten timber from the plot to the dump.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 01-09-2020

Utilised my NEW edging shears purchased today from Aldi. Cool Finished up doing quite a bit of weeding after removing the grass cut by the edgers.Lots more to do but a man on a galloping horse would be impressed. Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 02-09-2020

Put some more matting down around the new RB's

Put together my new rotary sieve

Bought the blueberries back from the plot until their permanent spot is ready

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 02-09-2020

Work in the morning. Rain this afternoon. Listened to my outside tomatoes moan about the constant rain and the 5°C last night.