Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 15-08-2020

Souped the masses of tomatoes. Getting a teensy bit fed up with dampness and humidity, everything is so sticky and it's no fun to play outdoors.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 15-08-2020

Filled first 4 beds with the manure delivered earlier in the week.

Cutback some of the cucurbits to see what's actually growing!

Took home red onions.

Picked some courgettes and beetroot.

Yesterday gave 3 courgettes / now marrows to a neighbour, that was both rewarding and a relief to get rid of them SmileSmile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mikey - 16-08-2020

I love the handing over of produce you wouldn’t eat yourself. Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 16-08-2020

Harvested soya beans and pea beans; cleared poles for those and the finished gherkins.
Cut edges of grass paths around all veg beds.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 17-08-2020

Harvested runner beans & romanesco cauliflower both prepped, blanched and now in the freezer.
Portioned up 3 chickens some frozen, some cooked and made stock from the carcasses.
Made chilli powder.
Harvested, weighted, bagged and frozen about 5kg of chillies.
Made bread rolls
Now I’m going fishing

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 18-08-2020

Last couple of days.....

Filled another 4 beds with manure.

Took home yellow onions.

Planted leeks(first attempt), temporary cover put on until they establish.

Picked some chard fortonight.

Yesterday gave 3 courgettes / now marrows to a neighbour, that was both rewarding and a relief to get rid of them - This bit is actually a typo / paste from a previous post, doh! Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 18-08-2020

Called at the allotment meaning to put in a couple of hours graft. Opened the allotment main gates and instantly the heavens opened.

Harvested a bag of courgettes, two of which were leaning towards becoming marrows. Watered stuff indoors with water collected at both sides of greenhouse. Harvested a big bag of mixed chillies. No idea of there schorville rating so its gunna be a bit like Russian roulette.

Harvested tomatoes from indoors also. Outdoors the broadies are  desperate for havesting but as I hadn't harvested any French beans yet I grabbed some of these as it was chucking it down.

On the way home I dumped the courgettes/marrows on my Daughters step. I'm sure she will be overjoyed when she finishes work! Rolleyes

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 18-08-2020

Planted out 4 types of lettuce, potted up seedlings, picked sweet peas, radish and nasturtiums pods.
Mulched courgettes and runners with grass clippings.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 18-08-2020

No gardening. Preparing for BT engineer's visit tomorrow (which is likely to be a disaster) and birthday party with girlfriends this afternoon. There was oodles of presents and CAKE.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 18-08-2020

Harvested some plums, katy apples, raspberries, courgettes, beetroot,tomatoes and maincrop onions. Yesterday I pulled up 2 onions and one was definitely going to rot quite quickly so I was worried for the whole crop but today there was not another like it so I needn't have rushed.

I also picked the 7 cauliflower I had in a greenhouse as slugs and caterpillars had been victorious. I have just spent an hour salvaging 2kg of cauliflower florets off them for the freezer. I won't attempt to grow them in there again. Some in the polytunnel are coming along fine even though the temp gets very hot quite regularly.