Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 27-07-2020

Spent the morning tying up quinoa plants and sweetcorn that were keeling over in the wind, one sweetcorn snapped off. Some weeding and then dug up my swift and rocket potatoes that I planted for next years seed. 21 rocket, the 3 biggest donated to the little shop and 16 swift.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 27-07-2020

Got back this evening after a long weekend away in the west of Ireland to find my sunflowers toppled over in the wind, one of the stems broke so I brought it inside to put in a vase, wife cut it down to fit in a vase, now it will only qualify for the shortest sunflower.

[attachment=858]

RE: Tell us what you did today - Clare - 28-07-2020

Dead headed flowers, collected some seeds head for next year. Garlic sprayed my cabbages and made a scrummy lemon and courgette cake  Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 28-07-2020

(28-07-2020, 05:31 PM)Clare Wrote: Dead headed flowers, collected some seeds head for next year. Garlic sprayed my cabbages and made a scrummy lemon and courgette cake  Big Grin
You should perhaps post the cake recipe on the kitchen thread Clare.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 28-07-2020

Harvested the usual, picked up some strawberry runners from the next village to add diversity to my patch, met up with pals for coffee. Managed to offload some beans to pals.

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 29-07-2020

Cleared some beans, added compost and planted out some January King cabbages.
Bottled a batch of comfrey tea and made some more.
Sowed lettuces and gave some spare plants from the last sowing to my neighbour.
Removed a voled aubergine plant. After a week of adding compost to the hole underneath it and watering I accepted defeat; it has no roots left!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 29-07-2020

Yesterday I watered and fed all my indoor stuff in the greenhouse. I was able to use the water I had collected off the greenhouse roof from the night before. Cool
Tied up and moved a couple of tomato plants to allow my grape vine which I have just planted a bit of room.

Dug three shes of Elfe potatoes. They aren't fully formed yet but are so tasty I just couldn't resist. Still loads left to fully mature. Big Grin

Dug over the area mainly to make sure I hadn't missed any but also to create a seed bed for summat to be sown there.

Planted out my peas that had been started in a trough. I can't remeber the name of them but they are supposed NOT to need and supposrt. We shall see. Undecided

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 29-07-2020

Forgot to mention I harvested some kale which I tried with garlic and lemon. Wasn't too impressed so will stick to saute-ing with butter as I usually do in future. Big Grin

RE: Tell us what you did today - Bren - 29-07-2020

Yesterday weeded the GH border, tied in toms and cucs, then fastened runners back to their canes again. Pulled out bolted lettuce and damaged chard leaves.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 30-07-2020

Took lots of lower levels off my tomatoes. Potted on my strawberry experiment seedlings, planted out Choi sum. Harvested stuff