Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - SarrissUK - 18-07-2020

Slug and snail hunt as a treat for the chicken, a bit of arm pitting of the toms happened, then it started raining. No gardening related activities happened indoors.
Better updates expected tomorrow as the weather is due to improve!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Greenleaves - 18-07-2020

A lovely sunny day over the plots, only spoilt by people with fires

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 19-07-2020

Went to change a lock for a friend, brought her a selection of my produce, then collect the grandsons, set the 14 year old up on the ride on to cut and mulch the grass, he did a good job. The 8 year old wanted a go so we put 2 bricks behind him on the seat for weight and 3 off cuts of timber on the pedal so he could drive the ride on all round the front garden.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 19-07-2020

I meanwhile tried to get some work done in the tunnel, tomato fed the chillies and tomatoes and cukes. Watered strawberries, have a new strawberry plant called bubble berry now producing fruit that smell and taste of bubblegum. Dug out some potatoes from the raised beds they didn’t do as well as I thought. The raked over these beds for planting some beetroot

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 19-07-2020

Planted a couple more cucurbits over the plot, might be a squash and pumpkin, who knows?

Levelled 3 of the new RB’s, lined with cardboard then topped with grass cuttings

Potted on leeks and pak choi in the yard

RE: Tell us what you did today - SarrissUK - 19-07-2020

I weeded the whole big bed today in the baking sunshine and I loved it! The squashes are all doing well, but I will bring some feed for them next time I go up there.

I planted out the overflow of tomatoes from home, what didn't fit into the greenhouse. I also dragged my bedraggled sweetcorn plants that I wasn't even going to bother planting, but after getting battered in the wind when they were little, they've hung in there so I think they deserve to get planted out.

I also picked up a couple of spaghetti squash that I bought in Lidl that needed rescuing.

A very good day indeed Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Mark_Riga - 19-07-2020

I weeded then watered the polytunnel, pulling up a small beetroot by accident - it didn't half give me a filthy look. Then after dinner and a walk did some picking: about 1lb french beans, last 3lb of blackcurrants and a few courgettes. The aubergines are covered in greenfly so tried squirting with potato water with a drop of soap. There are plenty of redcurrants left but not sure if will get round to picking them. I'm beginning to think 2 red currant bushes may be 1 too many.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Veggie - 19-07-2020

Dead leaved the toms in the GH,
Planted yet more Patty pan squash that have grown from very old seed,
Picked DFB and CFBs to give to my brother,
Pulled up the DFBs in the GH as the leaves looked horrible - yellow and blotchy. Good job I have more ready to plant out!
Tidied and cut back some of the miscellaneous potted herbs and emptied the compost from the failed cuttings into a big container - maybe for beans, maybe carrots. Who knows?
Planted out some Bijou mangetout in the sunken garden - another of this year's experiments!!

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 19-07-2020

Sowed various radishes. Planted out DFB in some space that OH dug over for me a couple of days ago. Sowed pak Choi, Chinese cabbage and chicory. Never grown chicory, we'll see how that pans out.

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 19-07-2020

Lots of watering today but it was too hot (mid thirties) to do much else, although I did work up a furious sweat re-planting a couple of aubergines that found themselves frying on top of mole hills. Spent half an hour trying to clear some of the mole tunnels from the bed.
Sometimes my live and let live policy is really challenged.