Garden And Gossip Forums
2020 - Tell us what you did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2020 - Tell us what you did today (/showthread.php?tid=167)

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 19-06-2020

(19-06-2020, 05:48 PM)Scarlet Wrote: OH loves turnips!
I've been digging in some more dahlias and also planting up any spare annual that I come across in my "Chuck everything in it" border. The much needed rain has softened the ground enough for me to dig some holes.
Having a coffee and 5mins now with my sidekick
Smile Smile 

She is asleep with her eyes open cos she won't budge! Big Grin

Adorable sidekick, Scarlet.  How do you prepare the turnips that your OH loves?  Never grown them, never eaten them either!

RE: Tell us what you did today - Vinny - 19-06-2020

Spent the afternoon creating a dust storm around my kitchen extension by using an angle grinder fitted with a mortar cutter on the brick work. Cry  Main shell of building is from the forties and it desperately needs re-pointing.

Straight into shower after as I was using it with my shorts and slippers on.(Slippers are ruined!) Rolleyes

Tomorrow is supposed to be fine weather so hopefully I'll be able to make a start on the actual brick pointing Cool

RE: Tell us what you did today - Scarlet - 19-06-2020

(19-06-2020, 05:51 PM)JJB Wrote:
(19-06-2020, 05:48 PM)Scarlet Wrote: OH loves turnips!
I've been digging in some more dahlias and also planting up any spare annual that I come across in my "Chuck everything in it" border. The much needed rain has softened the ground enough for me to dig some holes.
Having a coffee and 5mins now with my sidekick
Smile Smile 

She is asleep with her eyes open cos she won't budge! Big Grin

Adorable sidekick, Scarlet.  How do you prepare the turnips that your OH loves?  Never grown them, never eaten them either!
I cook them simply - just roasted with the other roast veg with traditional Sunday lunch, mashed with spuds or fancy in dauphinois ( again half and half with spuds)

RE: Tell us what you did today - PyreneesPlot - 19-06-2020

Weeded the herb bed - so much creeping cinquefoil, bramble & bindweed despite digging the whole bed over several times before putting in a single plant. After unwinding the bindweed I found that the Sichuan peppercorn has fruit for the first time Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 19-06-2020

Mostly playing with chillies. Potted on a couple of courgettes.

RE: Tell us what you did today - Broadway - 20-06-2020

Strimmed around plot RB’s

Took paper / card shredding’s and food scraps to the plot dalek

Potted on beans in the yard vegtrug

Removed arm pits from tomatoes in GH/Blow-away

Labelled Germinated Rhubarb seeds, didn’t bother initially as this is the 4th time trying this year, yippee?

RE: Tell us what you did today - Can the Man - 20-06-2020

Cut the grass, put farmyard manure on the potatoes and peas in the garden, weeded in around the peas. Fed my chillies and tomatoes and cucumbers. Brought a lad of weeds and stones to the bog.

RE: Tell us what you did today - JJB - 20-06-2020

A sense of achievement today, managed to cross off a few things on my jobs for the week list.  Planted out the last of the outdoor tomatoes. The veg patches are now officially full, that is until the broad beans finish, get removed and I can fill the space with something.

[attachment=526]
[attachment=527]
[attachment=528]

RE: Tell us what you did today - SarrissUK - 20-06-2020

I started off slow today. It's been a hell-ish couple of weeks at work and I stayed in bed for as long as I could.

As it was Swedish midsummer yesterday, I had a breakfast of poached eggs, pickled herring, prawns, cucumber and toast.

Then I was unstoppable - I filled the raised beds in the greenhouse and potted up all the tomatoes I could fit in. About time too.

I found the pots with dahlias from last year that I thought had died... they've actually started growing! Yippee! I love dahlias but never managed to overwinter them before Smile

I've ran out of compost, so that stopped play. I will go find more tomorrow, so I can finish off the tomatoes Smile

I planted up some oxalis too that are destined for my bedroom Smile

RE: Tell us what you did today - Small chilli - 20-06-2020

Weeded 5 of the raised beds. 
Taking lots of nails out of wood that we’ve acquired. Will be turned into new sheds at our new house  Big Grin .