Garden And Gossip Forums
Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: My little shop (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - Veggie - 27-02-2024

My shopkeeper's stocks are mostly perennial vegetables, self seeders and wild plants.
On my second visit to the shop, he produced a radish, 2 colours of chard and spinach beet and a couple of unknown oriental leaves.
Looks like it'll be a Mess of Greens for dinner tonight. Big Grin

RE: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - JJB - 27-02-2024

My shopkeeper is moaning about the wet weather, isn't everyone? There's a bit of PSB, a bit more kale and if he gets his backside into gear he says there may be a few slug holed carrots. I told him to give it a few days of dry weather until he starts digging carrots to sell. It supposed to be fine tomorrow so we'll see how he does.

RE: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - Small chilli - 29-04-2024

Once again the shop keeper has his mind on other things. Which is a shame because the shelves are overflowing with rhubarb. He’s just not promoting it. A good steady supply of asparagus getting left on the shelf. Wild garlic is looking very tempting, not many customers seem to of spotted that. A promise of future improvements. We’ll have to see. I’m not convinced. If he doesn’t pull his finger out soon, I may be forced to find a different shop! Anyone would think he got a lot on or something  Rolleyes .

RE: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - Bren - 30-04-2024

Not much stock in my little shop, only  the usual lettuce, kale, two types of chives, and rhubarb.  There's still frozen french beans in the bargain bin.   Rolleyes

Lots on order though just need the supplier to get a move on.

RE: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - JJB - 30-04-2024

The weather has beaten the shopkeeper this year. There's nothing in the shop except a very few asparagus, kale flowers, manky carrots and the odd spring onion. He says that supplies might be a little late this year but is looking forward to masses of beans and courgettes later on in the year.

RE: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - Veggie - 30-04-2024

Very little in the little shop at the moment and they're not expecting any fresh deliveries any time soon. Just lettuce, chard, kale, leeks and some pick your own wild food like three cornered leek, garlic mustard and nettles! The shopkeeper should be ashamed of himself, charging for those!

RE: Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden! - Bren - 30-04-2024

I’d forgotten about chard there’s some from last year on the shelves, along with a fair bit of parsley and oregano.