Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Picked my first.................. - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I harvested today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Picked my first.................. (/showthread.php?tid=1468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - JJB - 17-07-2022

Picked my first Matt's Hornet tomato, they're a funny shape and colour but I like their taste, it's a sweet one. Will grow this one again, great for snacking, I can't see many getting to the table.

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - PyreneesPlot - 20-07-2022

First tomatoes today, 2 Moravsky Div très précoce. Nice acidity  Smile

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - PyreneesPlot - 21-07-2022

Tomato Gardener's Delight & Cucumber Vert Long de Chine

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - JJB - 21-07-2022

My Chinese slangen is coming out. Whilst no. 3 wasn't as bitter and just about edible, no point in eating them just because. I have enough other varieties.

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - Small chilli - 21-07-2022

Purple sprouting broccoli

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - Mark_Riga - 21-07-2022

Picked my first plums, 4lb so far - for 3 years. Czar variety. They are hard at the moment but I picked one about a week go that was soft this morning and tasted OK. It is good for cooking or eating but I think the pigeons have had it every year till this. Supposed to be picked mid August but I don't think there would be any left on the tree by then.
We used to get loads every year off a victoria but it was dug up and moved last spring when we had a new septic tank. There are a few plums on it near the top but they look a bit shriveled. The very dry spell we are having won't help and it needs a lot of dead wood pruning out now.

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - PyreneesPlot - 24-07-2022

We had the first sweetcorn this evening, Swift is about the only F1 thing I grow, and has certainly been enjoying the hot weather. It hasn't be watered either once the plants were established.
First tomatoes yellow pear and black centiflor hypertress

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - Mark_Riga - 25-07-2022

Had first figs this week out of the polytunnel. Unfortunately I'm the only one who likes them  Big Grin. There are a few more nearly ripe and a lot of small ones for later in the year hopefully.

[attachment=5103]

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - Veggie - 25-07-2022

Picked my first spuds - emptied a 30l planter, rather than picked. Tipped the pot upside down into another planter. Furtled out some very nice little spuds (about a pound and a half) which I'm pleased with as they were FREE seed potatoes to start with. They were in desperate need of water so wanted to see what a dried out pot can produce. After recent rain, I'm hoping that the other pots will do better.
I left the smallest spuds in the bottom of the new planter - maybe they'll grow??

RE: 2022 - Picked my first.................. - Small chilli - 25-07-2022

Picked my first daylily buds for this evening starter.