Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What's made you happy today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What's made you happy today (/showthread.php?tid=1400)

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Proserpina - 04-02-2022

Lidl have got their seeds in!

I didn't buy many as I have seeds on their way from other places, but I got some Californian poppies, golden eye beetroot, jalapeno peppers (a bit late but I'll get them in my propagator tomorrow), and some dill.

There were lots of other appealing packets, but I was very restrained Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Scarlet - 05-02-2022

(04-02-2022, 07:34 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: My free greenhouse is still making me happy today, even though I've not been able to go outside and progress anything. I will start another thread about it, so I can post pics of the progress without hijacking this thread Smile

(03-02-2022, 11:58 PM)Scarlet Wrote: For mine I dug a narrow trench and filled with concrete and added one row of bricks all around. Screwed the frame to the bricks.
Depends on high you want it?
I would just like it to be taller by about a foot I think, to gain the extra height all around. I've had requests for using grey blocks to build it, so it shouldn't take too long.

First step is to figure out for sure how big the greenhouse is, then I will calculate how many bricks I will need. No doubt I'll be in any of the builders merchants tomorrow to pick them up lol
That will be a daily big step over every time you want to get in and out - and you'll often be carrying stuff too. Is the greenhouse itself that low? Tomatoes can follow the apex of the roof if you grow vigorous varieties.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Proserpina - 05-02-2022

Lots of lovely seed catalogue suggestions for my Grandma Smile

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 05-02-2022

(05-02-2022, 12:30 PM)Scarlet Wrote: That will be a daily big step over every time you want to get in and out - and you'll often be carrying stuff too. Is the greenhouse itself that low? Tomatoes can follow the apex of the roof if you grow vigorous varieties.
I have bricks to build up a step, or I can even mound up outside to mimimise that step. However, my plans came to a screeching halt today, because I discovered the greenhouse isn't 6x8 at all - it's more like 4x5 foot so far too small to go in that big space.

What's made me happy today though, is that I've found an 8x8 greenhouse for sale, with all the glass for just over £100 so the free greenhouse has gladly been downgraded to be my staging greenhouse Big Grin

Given a bit of time I'll end up like Veggie with 10 outhouses and 17 greenhouses Tongue

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Norfolk Grey - 09-02-2022

The toilet is now unblocked
The drains haven't blocked
Hot shower and clean clothes
Hubby home early and bringing with him a bottle of gin for me.
Seedy parcels landing on doorstep.
Me about to turn pc off and say stuff it for the day.
Now virus free children (not that they showed symptons)

I do love quite simple things. x x x

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Broadway - 09-02-2022

(09-02-2022, 04:54 PM)Norfolk Grey Wrote: The toilet is now unblocked
The drains haven't blocked
Hot shower and clean clothes
Hubby home early and bringing with him a bottle of gin for me.
Seedy parcels landing on doorstep.
Me about to turn pc off and say stuff it for the day.
Now virus free children (not that they showed symptons)

I do love quite simple things. x x x
That is a lot of happies NG your lucky daySmile
Enjoy the ginSmile

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 10-02-2022

Lots of the kale I sowed at the weekend have already poked their heads out of the soil - I'm a happy girl Smile

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Small chilli - 13-02-2022

Got an odd message from a neighbour saying “surprise in your post box”
Went to have a look and found 10 tubes of tomato purée  Big Grin .

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 13-02-2022

haha Random, SC!!

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Veggie - 13-02-2022

Love it, SC. Weren't you left a salmon in your post box once?