Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What's made you happy today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What's made you happy today (/showthread.php?tid=1400)

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 03-02-2022

I've just watched a video on how to put them together, and it seems easy enough, if I can follow the instructions and figure out what the different pieces are for Smile

The panels slide into the frame - no glazing clips! Smile

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Veggie - 03-02-2022

Make sure the base is perfectly level and square (measure across the base from opposite corners - they should measure the same) before you attach the GH.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Scarlet - 03-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 11:10 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: A phone call from my daughter in London to say she got a job as a consultant anesthetist at a London children's hospital.
Wow! You must be very proud. CongratulationsSmile

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Scarlet - 03-02-2022

I
(03-02-2022, 08:17 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: I got the greenhouse! It's definitely a Palram greenhouse - anyone got experience of putting one together?

I can't wait to print off the instructions I have found and see if I can match the pieces I have in front of me, with the correct type LOL

I want to grow in the ground inside it, so I'm thinking I need a single brick wall in a rectangle, two or three bricks high - what do you think?

I'm grinning with my whole body tonight Big Grin
For mine I dug a narrow trench and filled with concrete and added one row of bricks all around. Screwed the frame to the bricks.
Depends on high you want it?

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Admin - 04-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 08:54 PM)Veggie Wrote: Make sure the base is perfectly level and square (measure across the base from opposite corners - they should measure the same) before you attach the GH.

As Veggie says, the base is key for a glazed greenhouse. Spending time getting in right will pay dividends in the long run.

I used to grow in dug borders but found the build up of pests and replenishment of the soil tedious.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Bren - 04-02-2022

Seeing my seeds pop their heads above the compost Smile

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Mark_Riga - 04-02-2022

(03-02-2022, 11:16 AM)JJB Wrote: Your little girl done good Mark, congratulations to her.

Yes she has but she's taken her time about it (40 next year). On top of 5 years uni, she did a research project half way through for an extra year. Then (in 2016), she took another year out in Malawi driving round their clinics and hospitals training and helping set up systems with the local Doctors. She found this quite challenging but interesting as they did not have the same access to the anesthetics used here.
She does get mythered  sometimes by us with medicl probles - but then she often asks me gardening advice, though what to do about her ground elder.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Norfolk Grey - 04-02-2022

Catching up on things, being generally silly, wanting to play with seeds again, being naughty and having nachos and continuing to be naughty with a nice bottle of single malt (not all at once I must add) Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Veggie - 04-02-2022

Welcome back to the Land of Silly, Naughty and extremely Seedy, NG. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 04-02-2022

My free greenhouse is still making me happy today, even though I've not been able to go outside and progress anything. I will start another thread about it, so I can post pics of the progress without hijacking this thread Smile

(03-02-2022, 11:58 PM)Scarlet Wrote: For mine I dug a narrow trench and filled with concrete and added one row of bricks all around. Screwed the frame to the bricks.
Depends on high you want it?
I would just like it to be taller by about a foot I think, to gain the extra height all around. I've had requests for using grey blocks to build it, so it shouldn't take too long.

First step is to figure out for sure how big the greenhouse is, then I will calculate how many bricks I will need. No doubt I'll be in any of the builders merchants tomorrow to pick them up lol

(04-02-2022, 05:06 AM)Admin Wrote: As Veggie says, the base is key for a glazed greenhouse. Spending time getting in right will pay dividends in the long run.

I used to grow in dug borders but found the build up of pests and replenishment of the soil tedious.

Yes, I've had a greenhouse on a slightly wonky base before, and that was a bit annoying as it caused tension in the glass. I didn't have much choice then, but I do now, as I'm starting from scratch. Thank you both Smile

If I get fed up with the pests etc, I always have the option to add pots on top.