Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What's made you happy today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What's made you happy today (/showthread.php?tid=1400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 29-03-2022

OMG! You two don't have much luck with wasps! Then again... does anyone?

I hope I have my Miele with me if a wasp tries it on with me lol

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Proserpina - 30-03-2022

A whole evening on-call without a single medical emergency. Much better than Monday and Tuesday!!!

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Veggie - 05-04-2022

Do you remember that last year I won a prize in 2 raffles - both for cancer charities. Since they're running these raffles again, I have, of course, bought tickets for both. Tonight, I've heard that I've won a prize. Big Grin I have to choose the prize from a list which gets shorter as the winners ahead of me choose theirs. I'm number 12.
Last year I chose the freshly made afternoon treats box. Wonder if it'll be available this year?

UPDATE The afternoon treats had gone, also the Dog grooming session, the enormous bouquet and the food hamper. The 3 hour house cleaning session would have been too embarrassing, the oven clean was pointless when I don't have an oven and the trampoline park and other such activities were not my style. In the end I've chosen 5 Easter eggs and a bunny rabblt!! Diet......me???? Not on your life. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - PyreneesPlot - 06-04-2022

Would you care to share your lottery ticket numbers, Veggie?!  Big Grin

Five minutes sat beside the pond watching Mrs Marbled Newt laying eggs - she goes into a kind of trance so doesn't zoom off at the slightest movement - and I saw two midwife toad tadpoles. They're absolutely huge, size of an old 50p coin, but not the same shape, obviously Huh

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - JJB - 06-04-2022

As you know the porch is being rebuilt. Not far away, against our kitchen wall, we have a nesting box for blue tits. There's been a bit of house hunting going on and one tit has taken to doing a bit of remodeling. I think she's putting in a new kitchen. Even indoors we can hear her tap tap tapping. We've named her Mrs. Flatley (after riverdance man) because of the noise. Anyhow, we thought the huge noises, foot traffic underneath and kerfuffle would scare her away but, no, she was there this morning tapping away, maybe her kitchen wasn't finished.Smile Builder man suggested she's getting a new porch done, at least hers is waterproof Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - PyreneesPlot - 13-04-2022

A swallow whizzing above the garden - seen a few flying in the mountains but none down here. And a midwife toad beeping.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 13-04-2022

Jay ruined our kettle by cleaning out the limescale, so today I took delivery of a new kettle, coffee machine, toaster, bread bin, cannisters and a kitchen roll holder, all in a retro style in a lovely cream. Looks lovely against the grey tiles, and the coffee is fantastic Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Farendwoman - 14-04-2022

Small chilli’s neighbours that are just out of the bog!

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - JJB - 14-04-2022

(14-04-2022, 04:20 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Small chilli’s neighbours that are just out of the bog!

As I get older that seems a permanent state of play  Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Veggie - 14-04-2022

Collecting my Easter Raffle prize - 5 Easter eggs and a fluffy lamb. I've christened the lamb Lexi after the raffle organiser's dog who was tiny, I thought he was a puppy but he's actually 11.. Really cute. I "might" give Lexi the lamb to my great grand nephew who was born last year............or I "might" just keep him. Big Grin