Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What's made you happy today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What's made you happy today (/showthread.php?tid=1400)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 11-03-2022

Enjoy PP!

The fact that I've not been coughing my guts up has made me smile today. I've also not had to take any pain killers, so that's a vast improvement. I'm not comfortable, but at least not at the point of having to take pills.

And my step daughter offered to help her dad dig the foundations for the greenhouse tomorrow Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - PyreneesPlot - 13-03-2022

(11-03-2022, 01:00 PM)PyreneesPlot Wrote: We're going to a restaurant for dinner Smile - the first trip to a restaurant since before the pandemic! Sad
Nervous and excited in equal meaure - we're meeting the owners of one of the gites we look after who we've only ever video-called before. We took the place on in spring 2020 and this is the first time they've made it out here.

Well, the company was great - it was the owners (two brothers) and seven of one of their university friends rather than their famillies which we had been expecting.
The food however, was dire! We were one of only two tables in the place, the table had been booked in advance and we were the first to be served, the place serves the same potatoes with all three dishes they offer, so there is no excuse for them to be reheated and still stone cold in the middle, however much garlic you put on them Sad  Interestingly all the English language reviews rave about the place - it serves very classic robust local mountain food - and many of the French language reviews are pretty average!!
But it was a great to be out Big Grin so who cares!

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - SarrissUK - 13-03-2022

Aww what a shame PP!

My smiles today came from potting up two climbing roses I bought a while ago for next to nothing. One is pink called Parade and a yellow called 'Golden rain'. Well what a hideous name haha

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - PyreneesPlot - 15-03-2022

The double-digit temperature this afternoon began with a 2.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Small chilli - 15-03-2022

I’ve started building the gate for my cottage garden. I got all the timbers ready before Christmas. It’s quite a unique look. There’s definitely nothing else like it.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Roitelet - 15-03-2022

Finally got some self saved Gentian seeds to germinate!

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Norfolk Grey - 16-03-2022

1. That people are still growing buffalo horn tomatos - just lovely to see that peeps like them that they are still going and being shared.

2. That I feel behind on sowing after catching up on posts - it must mean I am actually close to the sowing dates Smile

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Scarlet - 16-03-2022

It's raining so I'm forced to stay inside and start on decorations for a cake....I absolutely love doing it but always find excuses to start. Rain not only will fill my empty water butts - using them to water the greenhouses at the moment and we haven't had much rain...but has forced me to stay inside Smile

I may post my "sugar sweet peas" later.

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - PyreneesPlot - 16-03-2022

Saw and heard a black redstart for the first time this spring. What a fine fellow!

RE: 2022 - What's made you happy today - Veggie - 19-03-2022

Sunshine, frog spawn, ladybird in the apple tree, Peacock butterfly sunning itself, really feels like Spring has arrived. Big Grin