Garden And Gossip Forums
2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What seeds and garden stuff I bought today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: 2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired (/showthread.php?tid=1393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Scarlet - 27-04-2022

A trip to swap plants - I had a yellow honeysuckle in return for a couple of species pelargonium.

On the way home I popped into the garden centre! And picked up some artichoke, campanula and some cosmos seed.
Also popped to Wilco for some netting to hold up my flowers. £2 for that but it doesn't look like it will work for me Sad

I forgot to say that the local cash and carry nursery had an open weekend just gone. I didn't want anything but the dog likes to go around for a stroll Big Grin I love penstemons so I got two white ( I know I can take cuttings but I wanted them now and one caulked Laura also 3 pink petticoat geums. For my garden border by the house.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Proserpina - 27-04-2022

Some rather sad looking Canadian Red rhubarb from Wilko (reduced to £1). I was trying to get my Mum to lift and divide her rhubarb so I could have some of that, but she never did. She kept saying she had some recently bought rhubarb in pots and would give me some of that. Well, the new rhubarb never sprouted, and I wanted the old stuff as it's a 35+ year old clump that has never been divided, mulched (except by its own dead leaves), watered, been exposed to much sun, or cared for in any way, yet is still absolutely thriving!

So humph, I am going to plant this half dead chunk from Wilko now, and will hope for the best!

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - SarrissUK - 27-04-2022

(27-04-2022, 03:51 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Got some seeds in the post today (also awaiting a Premier order...because I need more seeds?)

I love Real seeds Smile I got some beans from them recently too, though different types to you!

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Farendwoman - 27-04-2022

(27-04-2022, 06:00 PM)Scarlet Wrote: A trip to swap plants - I had a yellow honeysuckle in return for a couple of species pelargonium.

On the way home I popped into the garden centre! And picked up some artichoke, campanula and some cosmos seed.
Also popped to Wilco for some netting to hold up my flowers. £2 for that but it doesn't look like it will work for me Sad

I forgot to say that the local cash and carry nursery had an open weekend just gone. I didn't want anything but the dog likes to go around for a stroll Big Grin I love penstemons so I got two white ( I know I can take cuttings but I wanted them now and one caulked Laura also 3 pink petticoat geums. For my garden border by the house.
Was that W.K. Scarlet? I was intending to go, but didn’t get there. My friend picked up four baptisia plants for me that I’ve been fancying for a long time. They’re small, but will catch-up. She bought herself four pink petticoat geums  and a couple of apricot geums too. I was very taken with the beautiful raspberry colour of the pink petticoats.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Scarlet - 27-04-2022

(27-04-2022, 09:51 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(27-04-2022, 06:00 PM)Scarlet Wrote: A trip to swap plants - I had a yellow honeysuckle in return for a couple of species pelargonium.

Was that W.K. Scarlet? I was intending to go, but didn’t get there. My friend picked up four baptisia plants for me that I’ve been fancying for a long time. They’re small, but will catch-up. She bought herself four pink petticoat geums  and a couple of apricot geums too. I was very taken with the beautiful raspberry colour of the pink petticoats.
Yes, west Kington nursery. They have stopped their public open days so just the weekend sale and one for September... I don't live far from there. I love it and can spend the whole day!

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Farendwoman - 27-04-2022

Blimey ! That’s another missed opportunity to say “Hello”.
I have been several times in the past, and always end up buying far too many plants - hence my asking my friend to just get me the baptisia . She bought FOUR trays of eighteen plants!!
Maybe see you there in September.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Scarlet - 28-04-2022

(27-04-2022, 09:29 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Some rather sad looking Canadian Red rhubarb from Wilko (reduced to £1). I was trying to get my Mum to lift and divide her rhubarb so I could have some of that, but she never did. She kept saying she had some recently bought rhubarb in pots and would give me some of that. Well, the new rhubarb never sprouted, and I wanted the old stuff as it's a 35+ year old clump that has never been divided, mulched (except by its own dead leaves), watered, been exposed to much sun,  or cared for in any way, yet is still absolutely thriving!

So humph, I am going to plant this half dead chunk from Wilko now, and will hope for the best!
Just get a spade and slice some off Wink I've recently dug up 3 rhubarb plants and still it's popping up.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Small chilli - 28-04-2022

I’ve just ordered a peony & a phlox. How could I resist with 30% off & free delivery.
Looks forward to them arriving.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Norfolk Grey - 28-04-2022

Treated myself at a lovely local nursery to a white echinops (sown so many echinops seeds over the years with no success), perennial phlox, a few asparagus plants (just for a bit of a head start), lewisias (they are so pretty), red leaved penstemons and perennial scabious. Know to sort my front border out.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Garrett - 28-04-2022

(27-04-2022, 03:51 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Got some seeds in the post today (also awaiting a Premier order...because I need more seeds?)
I'm growing the Yin Yang beans too this year. I hope you update us with how the Jacob's Cattle bean grow for you, I had my eye on those too.