Garden And Gossip Forums
2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What seeds and garden stuff I bought today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: 2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired (/showthread.php?tid=1393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - toomanytommytoes - 31-03-2022

They'd probably send me new packets but I just can't be bothered dealing with them or any of the companies in that group any more.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Farendwoman - 31-03-2022

I quite agree - given my experience with wrong things sent, dead things sent, damaged things sent, things that never thrive sent - I can’t be bothered with them anymore either.
I know that T&M, Dobies and Sutton’s are all the same company. Can anyone help me add other “names” that fall under the same umbrella? I think that Woolmans might also be T&M by another name- am I correct???

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 31-03-2022

Don't know about Woolmans but Van Meuwen & Organic Gardening Catalogue are part of the BVG group with T&M etc.
There's a thread about recommended or not seed suppliers at https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.php?tid=930&highlight=dobies

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 31-03-2022

Here you are, FEW, all about the BVG group. https://www.bvg-group.co.uk/our-brands
Woolmans not part of it.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Farendwoman - 31-03-2022

Thank you. Very interesting read.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Can the Man - 04-04-2022

(11-01-2022, 08:30 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I’ve splashed out and ordered online from Quickcrop.ie because they had cranberry bushes and none of my local garden centres had any, so I bought
2 x Cranberry bushes type Pilgrim
2kg Maris piper seed potatoes main crop
2kg Purple rain seed potatoes 2nd early
2kg Solist seed potatoes first early
1 pack of 6 strawberry plants type Cambridge
1 x Kent and Stowe stainless steel long handled oscillating hoe
Total including delivery and a €5 first order coupon was €78,75
Had my eye on the 'Kent and Stowe stainless steel long handled oscillating hoe' CAN let us know how it goes
Hi Danny, just an update for you. I used this K&S oscillating hoe over the last2 weekends. It is an invaluable tool to have. It make the weeding process so easy, the only difficulty I see is with tap root weeds like thistle and dock. It cuts the head off from the root but as we know tap roots grow back. So happy with my purchase. Smile

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Broadway - 05-04-2022

(04-04-2022, 08:10 PM)Can the Man Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 08:30 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 08:16 PM)Can the Man Wrote: I’ve splashed out and ordered online from Quickcrop.ie because they had cranberry bushes and none of my local garden centres had any, so I bought
2 x Cranberry bushes type Pilgrim
2kg Maris piper seed potatoes main crop
2kg Purple rain seed potatoes 2nd early
2kg Solist seed potatoes first early
1 pack of 6 strawberry plants type Cambridge
1 x Kent and Stowe stainless steel long handled oscillating hoe
Total including delivery and a €5 first order coupon was €78,75
Had my eye on the 'Kent and Stowe stainless steel long handled oscillating hoe' CAN let us know how it goes
Hi Danny, just an update for you. I used this K&S oscillating hoe over the last2 weekends. It is an invaluable tool to have. It make the weeding process so easy, the only difficulty I see is with tap root weeds like thistle and dock. It cuts the seed off from the root but as we know tap roots grow back. So happy with my purchase. Smile
Thanks CAN

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Garrett - 06-04-2022

Ordered some seeds from Seed Parade after getting one of their email offers over the weekend:

Tomato Black Cherry 59p - realised I hadn't sown any black tomatoes this year so decided to try this one again
Basil Italian Classic 30p - I'd run out so needed some seed
Courgette Arena Polka 36p - I grew this yellow courgette last summer and really enjoyed it, F1 hybrid so needed new seed (got 12 seeds in the packet)

The rest were freebies and all things I didn't already have seed for:
Kale Thousandhead
Rocket
Sweet Pea Parfumiere Mix
Sweet Pepper Californian Wonder
Tomato Tigerella

I also picked up Garden News magazine today with Calendula and Godetia seeds.

Just when I thought I was all done getting seed this year!

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Small chilli - 06-04-2022

I’ve just ordered from chiltern seeds
Phlox
Wallflowers
Aubrieta

That’s one shopping basket tab closed  Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - SarrissUK - 06-04-2022

I've never heard of Godetia flowers before, nor have I ever seen any in person! They're beautiful! Smile