Garden And Gossip Forums
2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What seeds and garden stuff I bought today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: 2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired (/showthread.php?tid=1393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - JJB - 15-03-2022

Scarlet, I sent Garrett some of your varieties from last years seed swap, but you may have other varieties that would be of interest. Go for it Garrett! Smile

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Proserpina - 15-03-2022

I had to come home at lunchtime as I have online teaching this afternoon. I change buses in town and my bus stop is next to Poundland, but usually it's closed when I'm heading home from work. However, it was open today and I had 10 minutes to wait for the bus, so thought I'd have a quick peek at their gardening section.

I now have 20 Freesia bulbs, 15 Peacock Orchid bulbs, and 10 Ranunculus bulbs. Never grown any of them before, but couldn't say no at £4 for the lot!

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - SarrissUK - 15-03-2022

Oh wow Pros - I want to go to Poundland now! I need to go to Grimsby at some point this week anyway, so I might just try to go early enough to nip in there too Smile

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Garrett - 15-03-2022

(15-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 11:05 AM)Garrett Wrote:
(26-02-2022, 10:53 PM)Veggie Wrote: Why don't you try growing some supermarket/wholefood store dried beans?
Yes, I'll try that. The gigantes beans I have were bought from a supermarket.

I've had a look at Hodmedods who have a lot of interesting beans (Eye of Goat bean!) but
they've sold out of a lot. 

I've signed up for their newsletter so hopefully I can order some in autumn.
I missed this...but if you haven't got your beans yet I can send you a few varieties.
Thank you very much for your offer. I did get some beans as JJB kindly sent me Tresnjevac, Meuch, Trail of Tears and Tiger beans which should be more than enough to keep me busy this summer!

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Scarlet - 16-03-2022

(15-03-2022, 05:08 PM)Garrett Wrote:
(15-03-2022, 02:03 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 11:05 AM)Garrett Wrote:
(26-02-2022, 10:53 PM)Veggie Wrote: Why don't you try growing some supermarket/wholefood store dried beans?
Yes, I'll try that. The gigantes beans I have were bought from a supermarket.

I've had a look at Hodmedods who have a lot of interesting beans (Eye of Goat bean!) but
they've sold out of a lot. 

I've signed up for their newsletter so hopefully I can order some in autumn.
I missed this...but if you haven't got your beans yet I can send you a few varieties.
Thank you very much for your offer. I did get some beans as JJB kindly sent me Tresnjevac, Meuch, Trail of Tears and Tiger beans which should be more than enough to keep me busy this summer!
Ok, my list wouldn't have been too dissimilar! Smile

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - SarrissUK - 17-03-2022

I placed an order with DT Browns the other day - good deal I think it was.. *cough*

Kale - Emerald ice
Cress - Greek Olympus
Beetroot - Bulls blood
Tatsoi - Emperor's Savoy
Courgette - Easy Pick Gold (F1)
Radish - Solito (F1)
Basil - Aristotle
Onion - Yellow Sweet Spanish
Parsnip - Tender and true
Kalettes - Mixed
Pak choi (free seed)
Salad leaves - oriental
French climbing bean - Borlotto lingua di fuoco 2

So, lots more to sow at the weekend all of a sudden!! I need more beds preparing lol

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - PyreneesPlot - 18-03-2022

Pushed the boat out today, 65 cents on mangetout Oregan Sugar Pod from Lidl Smile

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 31-03-2022

There are a couple of tree planting initiatives locally, this year.
Coed Caerdydd (Cardiff Trees) are offering up to 5 native trees to anyone who has a place to plant them and the Welsh Government are offering a tree to everyone in Wales. You can either plant it yourself or choose a location for it to be planted in your name.
Most of the tree species on offer I already have in the garden but not Viburnum opulus/Guelder rose so I've just picked up 2 of these from Coed Caerdydd to plant in the hedge. The birds will thank me for it. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - toomanytommytoes - 31-03-2022

Wasn't intending to buy any more seeds this year until the winter sales, but poor germination from Suttons seeds has forced me to. They sold me a packet of alyssum seeds with a sow by date of 2020, in November 2020. The cosmos were sow by 2024 but only a couple of them germinated this year. The nasturtiums didn't germinate well last year either, and two packets of sunflower seed had no germination at all. 

Cosmos 'Casanova mix' 
Cosmos 'Bright Lights'
Tagetes 'Red Gem'
Poached egg plant & Poached egg plant 'Meringue'

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 31-03-2022

Have you complained to Suttons? I would. Big Grin