Garden And Gossip Forums
2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What seeds and garden stuff I bought today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=136)
+--- Thread: 2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired (/showthread.php?tid=1393)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 22-02-2022

Yes! Just soapwort and a note saying "Can be invasive". Big Grin

From the FB site:-
Soapwort
Soapwort can become invasive spreading by underground rhizomes. Unless you are harvesting the roots to make soap, it is recommended that you plant soapwort either in containers or use barriers around the plants to prevent the rhizomes from spreading. Soapwort is easily grown from seed.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Scarlet - 22-02-2022

(22-02-2022, 10:01 PM)Veggie Wrote: Yes! Just soapwort and a note saying "Can be invasive". Big Grin

From the FB site:-
Soapwort
Soapwort can become invasive spreading by underground rhizomes. Unless you are harvesting the roots to make soap, it is recommended that you plant soapwort either in containers or use barriers around the plants to prevent the rhizomes from spreading. Soapwort is easily grown from seed.
I can grow it in a pot!....but if it is invasive who else would want to grow it?

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Scarlet - 22-02-2022

It looks weedy on Chilterns but doesn't
Mention being invasive?
https://www.chilternseeds.co.uk/item_1141d_saponaria_officinalis_seeds

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 22-02-2022

Its probably invasive in the same way as mint is. I've grown it before and don[t remember it being a problem - maybe I moved house before it was Big Grin
I'm going to grow it to try making liquid soap from the roots..............that's the plan anyway.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Small chilli - 23-02-2022

My friend is visiting at the moment and has brought me 2 bags of seed potatoes ( purple ones & pink fur apples) and 2 tubs of seeds .

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Vinny - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 08:52 AM)Small chilli Wrote: My friend is visiting at the moment and has brought me 2 bags of seed potatoes ( purple ones & pink fur apples) and 2 tubs of seeds .
You've just reminded me I need to source some PFA seed tatties. I grew them once on my old plot where they prospered, had huge foliage and loads of spuds. I also like them as chips with skins on or boiled the same as they are too fidldly to peel or scrape! Rolleyes

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Small chilli - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 11:59 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(23-02-2022, 08:52 AM)Small chilli Wrote: My friend is visiting at the moment and has brought me 2 bags of seed potatoes ( purple ones & pink fur apples) and 2 tubs of seeds .
You've just reminded me I need to source some PFA seed tatties. I grew them once on my old plot where they prospered, had huge foliage and loads of spuds. I also like them as chips with skins on or boiled the same as they are too fidldly to peel or scrape! Rolleyes
Love them as chips. I never bother to peel either.  Really little ones are good tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper then roasted.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 26-02-2022

Today's Free Seeds from the seedswap
Mustard Green in Snow
Yellow Chard
Ragged jack/Russian kale
Huanzontle/Azrec broccoli
Cauliflower (Magic Mix) Real seeds
Mixed grain amaranths (RS)
Rainbow Quinoa (RS)
Welsh Onion seed heads
Broad leaved Chives/Garlic chives (RS)
Oysterleaf/Mertensia Maritima (Pennards)
Sugar baby watermelon
Dudi Mo Sayed (HSL)
HSL Beans :-
DFB - Snake beans, Emperor of Russia, Trinity, Hungarian Butter (could be CFB)
CFB - Birds Egg, Siglinde, Klaprotts Graubeige, Veitchs, Buckeye Fall. Old Homestead

They weren't completely free as I contributed 20+ packets of seeds and made a £5 donation. If you didn't have any seeds to swap the going rate was 4 packets for £1 so my conscience is clear. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Garrett - 26-02-2022

I have been surprisingly restrained for me, I've only picked up two packets this week from Wilko:

Spinach "America" 25p
Tomato"Golden Sunrise" 75p

I'm still debating whether or not to order some unusual beans for shelling. I already have Yin Yang and Gigantes, but I fancy a couple more. Postage charges are putting me off haha.

RE: 2022 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired - Veggie - 26-02-2022

Why don't you try growing some supermarket/wholefood store dried beans?