Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What I sowed today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I sowed today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What I sowed today (/showthread.php?tid=1386)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - Farendwoman - 13-03-2022

(13-03-2022, 01:57 PM)Garrett Wrote: Sowed more tomatoes:
Chadwick Cherry - red cherry vine
Brad's Atomic Grape - multicoloured elongated cherry vine
Matt's Hornet - striped elongated cherry vine
Orange Jazz - orange large vine
Northern Lights - orange large vine

All new ones for me so I'm very excited to try them!
OK - I’ve got all of these except for Chadwick Cherry. They came with the seed circle stuff, and they’re new to me too. You have inspired me to give them a go.
I agree that it’s very exciting to be able to try new and different things.

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - SarrissUK - 13-03-2022

I have re-sown tomato Orange banana - didn't find the seeds yesterday, but came across them today on the dining table, oddly.

Strawberry Aleksandriya (from Ukraine)
Cosmos Purity White
Love in a mist
Amaranth from India (old seeds from a seed swap)
Leek - Bulgarian Giant
Beetroot - self saved from the old house
Beetroot - Chioggia
Okra - Burgundy
Celery - Par Cel

I’ve got some of that old amaranth from India that came from the seed swap a while back. Never tried it though.
Anyone know anything about it please- cook it, eat it raw ? And how does it taste??
I’ve grown the a deep red flower amaranthus before, but not amaranth as a veg.

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - Veggie - 13-03-2022

If its the amaranth from India that I know about, I wouldn't hope for too much germination. Most of the seeds from that donor were useless in my experience.

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - SarrissUK - 13-03-2022

It wasn't a name that I'm familiar with Veggie, maybe from the old site even? I didn't recognise the bag either so I suspected it had been around for a while. I think I have more amaranth seeds in my flower box. I'll investigate tomorrow Smile

(13-03-2022, 08:23 PM)Veggie Wrote: If its the amaranth from India that I know about, I wouldn't hope for too much germination. Most of the seeds from that donor were useless in my experience.
Yes I remember - the donor also gave very large packets of “Indian Tomatoes” - that came to nothing.

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - toomanytommytoes - 13-03-2022

I still have a bag of those Indian tomato seed. Half of them were red, must've been treated seed. Think I germination tested them one time, can't remember exactly but at least a few of them germinated. Didn't bother growing them on, not sure why I still have the seed, will throw them away if I can find them.

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - Veggie - 13-03-2022

(13-03-2022, 09:17 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: It wasn't a name that I'm familiar with Veggie, maybe from the old site even? I didn't recognise the bag either so I suspected it had been around for a while. I think I have more amaranth seeds in my flower box. I'll investigate tomorrow Smile
It was from the old site. I'm racking my tiny brain to remember her name - began with G or U ??

It was Elfeda

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - Broadway - 14-03-2022

Resown some chard (fordhook/bright lights)and perpetual spinach, this time in single pots as I messed things up pricking them out!

Also my first tomatoes of the year, summerlast and cherry falls

Oh, and some walking onion seeds I saved, they don't look right but we'll seeSmile

RE: 2022 - What I sowed today - doublyjonah - 14-03-2022

(12-03-2022, 03:16 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(12-03-2022, 03:06 PM)doublyjonah Wrote: Another day of sowing seeds! I'm late for tomatoes and chillies but I'll give them a try anyway.

Tomatoes: Gardeners delight, Cuor di Blue, Dances with Smurfs and Roma
Chillies/peppers: Beaver dam, Razzmatazz, Lemon drop and Mini belle red
Parsley, dill, basil, rocket, white scabious, two types of French marigold, Gerbera

More prepped compost awaiting more seeds hopefully this weekend. Unfortunately have gnats in the compost, which I had a very difficult time getting out of my houseplants last year. I've applied the sticky traps so they hopefully can't escape but my shiny new heated propagator may have to wait until a time of better compost. I'll shift anything buggy out to the GH and remind myself I hated the gnats more than I want the tomatoes.
I hope you are not late with toms DJ as I haven't done any yet!
Looks like others are sowing tomatoes too so I'm sure we're fine, Danny. Don't let my nonsense put you off!