Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1385)

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Farendwoman - 31-05-2022

(30-05-2022, 08:50 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Made a bucket of weed tea. Strimmed veggie garden and mowed everything else.
Must be a very good type of “weed” that made you tear around strimming and mowing! 
Is is it legal!!??
(Just reread your post - you said a bucket of weed tea - not a cup of weed tea)

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Small chilli - 31-05-2022

(31-05-2022, 08:58 AM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(30-05-2022, 08:50 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Made a bucket of weed tea. Strimmed veggie garden and mowed everything else.
Must be a very good type of “weed” that made you tear around strimming and mowing! 
Is is it legal!!??
(Just reread your post - you said a bucket of weed tea - not a cup of weed tea)
Looks like I’m not the only one who’s been at the suspect beverages  Big Grin  Wink Tongue  Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Small chilli - 31-05-2022

Mammoth session of potting on. Seriously running out of space now.
Planted a couple of very unhappy looking foxgloves in the garden. They really don’t like being in pots!
Sorted out a selection of plants for our neighbours.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 31-05-2022

Ventured into the Dwarf Orchard in search of the fruit trees. Its not that they're small but they are the same height as the Dog daisies and campion - judge for yourself. Big Grin
Dug out a lot of brambles and "harvested" most of the daisies and campions for path mulch. Took some accidental cuttings of a variegated oregano - now in water.
Picked some strawberries and put wire mesh over the ones in the baby bath as something has been eating the best ones!
Think I've spotted a fig in the front garden fig hedge. Can see it from the upstairs window but probably can't from ground level. Must remember to look tomorrow. Maybe there are more?

RE: 2022 - What I did today - JJB - 01-06-2022

Finally got the gh borders planted with toms and cucs. P fixed a rocking slab on my hardstanding, hate a rocking slab, don't you? Smile planted out more beans Fasold and Neckargold and one unknown bean that grew in amongst a tomato that I didn't have the heart to scrap. I'm spending a goodly time each evening wrapping tenders with fleece, web say one temp, TV says another and we seem to be colder. Not had this before.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Alisina - 01-06-2022

Today I planted some wheat for my cat Smile I heard that it is useful for cat's health

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Broadway - 01-06-2022

Moved some asparagus plants.

Finished prepping the sweetcorn bed.

Weeding.

Tidied the yard in case we come back with Hetty tomorrow(rescue dog)

RE: 2022 - What I did today - JJB - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 11:07 AM)Broadway Wrote: Moved some asparagus plants.

Weeding.

Any pics of Hetty Danny? Is she a staffie?

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Broadway - 01-06-2022

(01-06-2022, 11:17 AM)JJB Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 11:07 AM)Broadway Wrote: Moved some asparagus plants.

Weeding.

Any pics of Hetty Danny? Is she a staffie?
Hopefully tomorrow Jen. She's a staffie cross, 11

RE: 2022 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 01-06-2022

Yesterday cut the paths in the potager, strimmed the grass out the front, mulched veg beds and some trees with clippings. Cut bamboo canes from our neighbour's garden, they're 6-7m tall!

Today watered the potager and mulched some more. Turned all the compost heaps and got a dalek full of usable compost and the next in line is nearly ready, too. Put up a couple of super tall tripods for the hops. MrPP will have fun checking the ripeness of the cones. Dead headed roses.