Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1385)

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Small chilli - 25-04-2022

Lots of pricking out, seed sowing, planted out beetroot & purple sprouting broccoli. Cleared a bed ready for sunflowers. Strimming and milling.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Broadway - 26-04-2022

Quick visit to the plot.....

Planted out some Rocambole and Babington leeks.
Sowed some more carrots.
Weekly water of certain bits.
Covered the strawberries with netting.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - JJB - 26-04-2022

Potted on the windowsill toms into bigger pots, I felt sorry for them in 5" pots. Passed on a tom to a non gardening pal and persuaded her to have a couple more. Afternoon was out and about with pal and coffee. I sowed loads of things a couple of days ago, I'll have to find the book and write it in the thread.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 26-04-2022

Not really sure what I've done today but it involved wandering around the garden with a rake and secateurs and a bit of shuffling in the GHs .

RE: 2022 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 26-04-2022

Finished the weekly sow list.
Potted on various cabbages and kales that have been stagnating in the grotty compost.  Ones that had been sown and then pricked out 6 weeks later (same variety and packet of seed) were 4 times the size of the first batch!
Mulched fig trees, walnut, ginkgo and row of maples.
Planted out some sweet peas.
Cleared the bolted celery and mulched the bed.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 27-04-2022

Planted 3 Courgettes into their final positions outdoors. Two plants have been out for about a month and seem OK.
Decided to create a new strawberry patch. Lots of runners from previous years have escaped into the grass so, rather then dig them up and replant, I weeded out the grass and put some wood around the edges to stop me trampling them. All the plants had flowers and look very healthy - it would be a crime to mow them - if the ground ever gets mown.Wink

RE: 2022 - What I did today - PyreneesPlot - 27-04-2022

Cut back weeds/wildflowers/grass around the bear's britches above the pond, but leaving plenty beyond them. Carefully cleared more algae from the pond.
Selected the 4 leeks I'm hoping to save seed from and started removing the rest of the bolters.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Vinny - 28-04-2022

Not what I did, but what I am going to do this afternoon. I went to B&M to get some topsoil to find they were sold out. Angry Plan B is to riddle some soil from my own garden, bag it , and take it to level up Helen's grave.

My allotment is across the road from the graveyard so I will then go and plant some more tatties. I have some Sharpe's Expresss which I was going to put in tubs but have decided just to plant them at the plot instead. I already have Desiree planted at plot but couldn't resiist one of my favourite cultivars, Kestrel which were half price at B&Q. I have grown Kestrel before and had good crops which were free of any slug damage due to this cultivars slug resistance. Cool

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 28-04-2022

Sorry Vinny but, the first thing I thought after reading your post was.............Don't plant the potatoes on the wrong plot - although I'm sure Helen would understand.!!

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Vinny - 28-04-2022

(28-04-2022, 02:16 PM)Veggie Wrote: Sorry Vinny but, the first thing I thought after reading your post was.............Don't plant the potatoes on the wrong plot - although I'm sure Helen would understand.!!
Helen was a big animal lover it's such a shame that a bunny has only decided NOW to take up residence in my garden, she would have been out with lettuce and carrots for it on a regular basis! Big Grin
Having said that, I have had a rabbit burrowing into the grave, hence the reason I have had to fill it's burrow in and re-seed it. Rolleyes Animal lover or not I am sure she wouldn't appreciate it being there with her! Sick

I shouldn't really joke about it as I have been to my next door neighbours funeral today. Like I was, Kath's hubby is devastated, but unlike me I don't think he is going to be able to cope by himself.