Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - What I did today - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: What I did today (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=76)
+--- Thread: 2022 - What I did today (/showthread.php?tid=1385)

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Bren - 01-10-2022

Dismantled and washed the cucumbers self watering system.
Used the old compost for lettuce plants.
Tidied up remaining courgette plants.
Pulled up and composted bolted lettuce.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Can the Man - 01-10-2022

Tidied up my fuel storage for the winter, bagged off all the small pieces of turf, filled the turf bunker, tidied up all my logs and made room for my big bags of turf when I get delivery.
I tidied up my tomato plants, side shooter and took off lots of lower leaves, also cut off a number of flowers as I don’t think they will mature to fruit. Watered all the tomatoes, did a bit of weeding, picked a red and a yellow pepper.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - JJB - 02-10-2022

Found the pigeons (?) eating my pak choi seedlings and summat pulling out the baby winter onions. Luckily the onions needed thinning. So covered with hooped netting thingy. I don't have much hope these will survive the winter though. Took some tomato pots into the greenhouse in hopes the green ones might ripen. The summerhouse door flew open in the rain and the innards got drenched so spent the day wet vac ing and airing it out, or more precisely P did.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 03-10-2022

Did some clearance in Strip 3 which included pruning some apple trees which are still carrying apples. Having hit my head on the same cluster of 3 apples several times, I cut them off. They're russets and not ready to pick yet - they're also as hard as rocks.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Vinny - 04-10-2022

Walked Kato on long walk then had a stick chopping session Smile . Prepared my trout,cooked my trout,ate my trout. Rolleyes  l will walk Kato again then its a Box n Core session followed by Rockfit.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 04-10-2022

More clearance/weeding of Strip 3 this morning as rain was forecast for the afternoon. For once the forecasters were right.
I'm indoors sorting seeds now - always happy sorting. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Bren - 04-10-2022

Yesterday I planted lettuce into buckets when it gets colder I’ll be taking them in the GH.
Picked and juiced apples then made a few jars of cucumber/courgette pickles.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 06-10-2022

Cut down as much of a holly tree as could be packed into a wheelie bin - still about 2/3rds to go and we only have one more garden waste collection before spring. It'll have to be a bonfire for the rest.

RE: 2022 - What I did today - JJB - 07-10-2022

I seem to be growing groundsel for Britain, so firstly untied the bean nets and pulled out the canes and spent a satisfying hour pulling out masses of groundsel seedlings. I'm paying the price for ignoring weeds going to seed. Put the seedlings in the weed tea tub. Then helped P who is still working to reduce a 15ft high conifer hedge down to a manageable height. I'm not sure I like him working at heights these days, better brush up on my first aid. As it was, yesterday, he tripped and fell through a roadside hedge and landed face first in a pathtch of nettles. Shame I missed it. He was looking through a hole in the hedge, trying to see the location of a muntjac barking it's head off on the railway embankment, and tripped over a low string of hidden barbed wire. He says the worst bit was after landing face down, sloping down, he knew he had to put his hands into the nettles to get up. He'd just taken his gloves off too. I've been very sympathetic quietly wishing I'd been there to see it Big Grin

RE: 2022 - What I did today - Veggie - 07-10-2022

Poor P. You're heartless, JJB.
Next time, can you video it to share please. Big Grin