Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 17-09-2022

Treated myself to a trip to Wilkos today as they had some cheap fish food. I walked round and round looking for reduced gardening stuff and all I found were 4 packets of seeds - and two of those were Grasses (and you know how much I dislike grass).
Nipped into Sainsburys next door and bought precisely nothing.
Came home via Morrisons, looked at the yellow stickers and bought, once again, precisely nothing.
This must be a First - I rarely leave a shop emptyhanded.
Never mind, the exercise is good for me and the sun was shining. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Mark_Riga - 17-09-2022

It fits in with your moneyless chicken look though.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 18-09-2022

(17-09-2022, 08:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: Treated myself to a trip to Wilkos today as they had some cheap fish food. I walked round and round looking for reduced gardening stuff and all I found were 4 packets of seeds - and two of those were Grasses (and you know how much I dislike grass).
Nipped into Sainsburys next door and bought precisely nothing.
Came home via Morrisons, looked at the yellow stickers and bought, once again, precisely nothing.
This must be a First - I rarely leave a shop emptyhanded.
Never mind, the exercise is good for me and the sun was shining. Big Grin
I'm getting very tight now and only buy YS stuff if it has massive reductions Cool . Half price isn't enough to tempt me lately. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 18-09-2022

I think the supermarkets are also getting tight round here. In Tesco I ask myself why would I buy a perishable item BBE today with a only a 5% reduction. I'm just not around when the evening good price cuts are done Sad
Like Veggie and Vinny I'm always on the lookout for a bargain. You've disappointed me Veggie , I'm going to Wilko on Tuesday next, and was hoping for some gardening discounts.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 23-09-2022

A little tale to amuse The Boss Wink

I went to the chemist today to pick up a prescription. The assistant, who was a bit flustered, asked for my name. Off she went to look for my tablets, to return in a minute or so asking" Did you say your name was Short?"
No, says I, its Sharp.
Another customer, with a very loud laugh said " I like that Short and Sharp".

So there you are, Boss, even the chemist thinks I'm short. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 17-10-2022

Morning All, Rise and shine. I've no idea what that means but if its anything to do with housework, I'm out. Big Grin
The sun's shining, however, so I'm going to play outside, once I've had breakfast, fed the dogs, etc etc etc.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 23-10-2022

Evening All. Big Grin
I'm hoping for 3 days of warm dry weather as I'm going to be stuck at home, unable to take the car anywhere. The road outside the house is being resurfaced and we've been told it will take 3 days before they can re-open the road. Most of the road is a single lane and no pavements. It'll be interesting!!
I expect there'll be lots of freebies on offer that I'll have to pass on because I can't go anywhere, unless I can walk there.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 24-10-2022

I feel for you Veggie. I wonder how people who have appointments or need to go to work will fare.
We're going to have a similar experience, not us personally, but the village. Our village is split into two by a single file railway tunnel and it's being closed to vehicles for 4 days in November. There must be hundreds of people who are going to be 'locked in' beyond the tunnel between 10 and 4 on those days. Interesting times ahead. I'm alright , I'm on the outside Smile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 08-11-2022

Miserable weather so I had an outing to Lidl on my way home from picking up some free dog food. As I waited for a gap in the oncoming traffic to go into the carpark, a fire engine came along and pulled into Lidls. My first thought was " I've waited all this time and now the store will be close because there's a fire".
The fire engine parked outside the shop and there didn't seem to be any panic so I pulled in and parked collected a trolley and went into the shop.
Ahead of me were 2 firemen, with their little baskets:-
"We've got salad leaves in the fridge" says No 1.
No 2 replied "How about a bag of Rocket?"

In my mind, Firemen would be eating huge steaks and big pies, not salad and rocket.
Can you imagine the conversation at the firestation..........."I'm just popping down to Lidl for some salad, anyone want anything? I'll take the fire engine. Won't be long!".

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 20-11-2022

Just sharing with you what I may be doing tomorrow. Big Grin
I'm meeting a man at his allotment and we're going to swap perennial kales. He has Taunton Deane and I have my unnamed one.
These are the directions -
Past wood yard
Under bridge
First gate
Should be open, chain usually hooked over bolt
Message me when your at the gate and I’ll meet you.

Its like a treasure hunt in a village I don't know very well. His plot should be interesting - its an acre and he runs an organic veg box scheme from it, producing 20 boxes a week.........and he only started in March. I can't even produce enough for one box most of the year.