Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 17-08-2022

Nice to see you, Jay. Big Grin I thought of you yesterday when I saw your namesake eating acorns in the garden. Keep up the good work. Wink

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 17-08-2022

Good morning, good afternoon and good night - that's how every week day feels like for me in a nutshell, days are whizzing by. This new job is ridiculously fast paced, but I'm learning loads and really enjoying myself. I've got a holiday coming up in a couple of weeks, so I'm really looking forward to that Smile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 04-09-2022

Evening All. Big Grin
I've just had a trip down Memory lane brought on by a tin of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail! (FREE of course).
As kids, every Sunday afternoon we'd have either tinned fruit or jelly and blancmange for tea. Fruit cocktail day would always end in an argument - who was going to have the half cherry - as there was always only one blob of red in the middle of a sea of peaches and pears and pineapple.
I'm pleased to report that in tonight's tin there were 2 pieces of cherry so my imaginary letter to Mr Del Monte must have worked.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 05-09-2022

Why is there always that one obnoxious person on the bus playing music on their phone with no headphones, while eating crisps for breakfast as noisily as they possibly can then brushing the large quantity of crumbs all over the floor?

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 05-09-2022

(05-09-2022, 08:20 AM)Proserpina Wrote: Why is there always that one obnoxious person on the bus playing music on their phone with no headphones, while eating crisps for breakfast as noisily as they possibly can then brushing the large quantity of crumbs all over the floor?

There's always one Pros, just hope they're not a regular. Your unusual working hours might mean you never meet again, fingers crossed.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 06-09-2022

Morning, I’m awake when I should be asleep! Just thought I’d pop in and say hello. We should have an ‘awake’ thread were we can pop in and chat with anyone else who is awake. Ok I’m rambling..catch you all later.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 06-09-2022

(06-09-2022, 01:42 AM)Jay Wrote: Morning, I’m awake when I should be asleep! Just thought I’d pop in and say hello. We should have an ‘awake’ thread were we can pop in and chat with anyone else who is awake. Ok I’m rambling..catch you all later.

Morning Jay, we'd never catch each other on that thread, I'm usually asleep when I should be awake Smile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 06-09-2022

Jay, all you'd hear from me is snores!
Question - what time do you usually go to bed and get up in the morning?
I try to be in bed by midnight but read a book for half an hour to send me to sleep. Usually get up between 8 and 9, depending on when I wake.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 06-09-2022

(04-09-2022, 10:42 PM)Veggie Wrote: Evening All. Big Grin
I've just had a trip down Memory lane brought on by a tin of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail! (FREE of course).
As kids, every Sunday afternoon we'd have either tinned fruit or jelly and blancmange for tea. Fruit cocktail day would always end in an argument - who was going to have the half cherry - as there was always only one blob of red in the middle of a  sea of peaches and pears and pineapple.
I'm pleased to report that in tonight's tin there were 2 pieces of cherry so my imaginary letter to Mr Del Monte must have worked.
My trip dowm memmory Lane would be similar but it was always custard and jelly for Sunday tea after Sunday school. I would spend my old penny my mam had given me for the collection in the Beech Nut machine at the corner shop next to the church (Every fourth penny you got an extra pack). Back home for tea which always included a huge plateful of buttered doorstops in the centre of the table (it was actually marg!) Rolleyes
Still to this day people look at me when I now have bread and butter (gone posh) with my trifle,rice pudding or whatever is for sweet. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 06-09-2022

P would like to be in bed with lights out by 11.30 or even earlier but my bedtime reading usually takes us to nearer midnight much to his disgust. Up by 830am to get a coffee then back to bed to drink it. It very much depends on the enthusiasm for the day ahead as to when we're up and presentable Smile