Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Broadway - 27-07-2022

(26-07-2022, 03:31 PM)Bren Wrote: That’s a nice friend you have there Veggie Big Grin

MrB tested Covid positive last Friday and it looks like I’ve caught it I tested negative but have the symptoms.  No point  being in denial especially when I  couldn’t smell or taste Marmite so I’ll stay at home just in in case.
Take care bothSmile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 27-07-2022

Found the water meter at the bottom of the drive (where I thought the outside stopcock was). No stopcock there.

Hopefully my neighbours know.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 27-07-2022

Just to confuse you, I have 2 water meters. The first one, which I think we bought, was installed many years ago, and we used to send in readings. Then the water board put one at the end of the drive, which is the one they read. It means that, if there's a leak in the pipes under the drive, you're still liable for the cost of the water. When the meter was in the house, we weren't. Crafty stuff. Big Grin

I've successfully wrapped the leaking pipe now and things are under control for now.

However, I've also managed to pull the cabinet under the sink out completely and it is not good back there. It looks like it's probably been leaking for months, probably since before I moved in (especially as there are signs of old temporary repairs). The cabinets are basically mush at the bottom, and I've been able to put a pair of kitchen scissors through one floorboard.The other floorboards seem a bit more solid but who knows if they'll be okay once they have dried out, and the bigger worry is what condition the joist is in.

I was hoping pulling the cabinet out would reveal the stopcock, but no... Maybe it's behind the cooker, but I think I'll need help to get that out, especially with my breathing as it is right now. Hopefully my Dad can come over at the weekend and we can explore some more.

Spoke too soon, just spotted a second (much less dramatic) leak.

I am so not feeling well enough for this. Going to have to sit down for a bit to catch my breath before going after that one.

Cough cough.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 27-07-2022

https://www.homeserve.com/uk/living/plumbing-and-drainage/how-to-find-your-stopcock/

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Bren - 27-07-2022

Pros not a good day for you xx

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 27-07-2022

(27-07-2022, 06:56 PM)Proserpina Wrote: I've successfully wrapped the leaking pipe now and things are under control for now.

However, I've also managed to pull the cabinet under the sink out completely and it is not good back there. It looks like it's probably been leaking for months, probably since before I moved in (especially as there are signs of old temporary repairs). The cabinets are basically mush at the bottom, and I've been able to put a pair of kitchen scissors through one floorboard.The other floorboards seem a bit more solid but who knows if they'll be okay once they have dried out, and the bigger worry is what condition the joist is in.

I was hoping pulling the cabinet out would reveal the stopcock, but no... Maybe it's behind the cooker, but I think I'll need help to get that out, especially with my breathing as it is right now. Hopefully my Dad can come over at the weekend and we can explore some more.
If I had lived closer I would have tried to help. You are having an awful week and I hope you can get it sorted eventually.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Mark_Riga - 29-07-2022

Good morning, after baking and jam making Yesterday, breakfast just had to be jam on toast with a cup of coffee.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 17-08-2022

Morning, long time no see!! Life has been getting in the way a bit but hope you are all well. Off for a catch up, see you later. x