Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 15-07-2022

Computer one. Their garden is all overgrown and has open access from the front where the deer patrol the railway embankment. The deer occasionally came into their garden to play.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Mark_Riga - 17-07-2022

Very pleasant at the moment (as long as I don't try and do anything more arduous than typing). Sat under an old apple tree with iced water and a breeze blowing. Thermometer reading 31C in the shade with low humidity.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 18-07-2022

Morning folks.
 I had Kato out very early this morning to avoid the heat. Sick

Felt like a vampire on the way home, trying to get him home before the sun came up! Big Grin Chill out day for me today as I am sweating just sitting doing nothing.

Take care all.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 18-07-2022

Hot innit.Big Grin 50C in GH1.Popped down to the courgettes early and gave them a drink. Everything else has to fend for itself.
Bronwen Brownhen's run is covered and surrounded by trees, so very shady for much of the day but, when the sun moves round this afternoon, I'll let her out to forage under the trees.
Yesterday, I filled a plastic underbed tray with water and threw the dogs balls in for them to fetch. Only Bess was happy jumping in, the other two are wimps! They're all flaked out at the moment, spread out on the floor tiles but I know that the moment I move towards the door, they'll be up and wanting to play. Fortunately, I have no wish to go outside in that heat.
Stay cool. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 19-07-2022

Evening everyone. Big Grin
That plastic waterfilled tray (see above) came in useful today. Two of the dogs decided to roll in a dead mole, that was covered in flies. They stank. Much to their disgust the tray became a bath. Not wanting Bessie to feel left out she had a bath too - but she decided to dry off by rolling in the dry soil on the "rockery"! Back in the bath for a second time.Big Grin
Needless to say, I got soaked in the process too but, since I'm an adult, I've decided against drying myself by rolling on the grass. Instead, I'm sitting here steaming dry.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 20-07-2022

Not a good day.I accompanied next door computer man to hospital for exploratory procedure, he requested me to be present at the discussions afterwards. Upshot is he has esophageal cancer. NHS very good but it's knocked him for six, as it would anyone. As he's so elderly surgery or chemo are not an option. All very sobering. Sad

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 20-07-2022

(20-07-2022, 09:47 PM)JJB Wrote: Not a good day.I accompanied next door computer man to hospital for exploratory procedure, he requested me to be present at the discussions afterwards. Upshot is he has esophageal cancer. NHS very good but it's knocked him for six, as it would anyone. As he's so elderly surgery or chemo are not an option.  All very sobering. Sad

That's very sad news. I'm sure he must have been very glad to have you there for support.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 20-07-2022

Sorry to hear that, Jen. x

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 20-07-2022

I'm sorry to hear about your sad day Jen Sad You are a good neighbour and friend to be there to support him Smile x

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 20-07-2022

(20-07-2022, 10:09 PM)Proserpina Wrote:
(20-07-2022, 09:47 PM)JJB Wrote: Not a good day.I accompanied next door computer man to hospital for exploratory procedure, he requested me to be present at the discussions afterwards. Upshot is he has esophageal cancer. NHS very good but it's knocked him for six, as it would anyone. As he's so elderly surgery or chemo are not an option.  All very sobering. Sad

That's very sad news. I'm sure he must have been very glad to have you there for support.

He was indeed grateful and said so. The endoscopy team were even more grateful,  having somebody to help him understand made their job a bit easier. We're on a journey of discovery from here on in.  Confused