Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 07-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 08:32 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm in panic mode. An old school chum of P's has just told him he's visiting a cousin at the top of our road and has invited himself down to ours to chat about school days.  Eeek. I don't do visitors and I'm going to have to do some housework before Saturday morning, plus Thursday and Friday the boiler's being changed, so the kitchen will be out of action. The perfect storm.
I hate emergency cleans. However, I have done them often enough that I came up with a room-by-room checklist to work through. I know once the checklist is done, it will be good enough.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 08-06-2022

Emergency cleaning is the least of my concerns ATM. We were expecting boiler replacement men Thursday and Friday. At 8.20 this morning (Wednesday) they turn up! I was still in my nightie. General discussion ensues but with no written evidence either way, it was all a bit difficult to prove either way. So they're going ahead.

My plan was to do the weekly shop a day early, knowing I wouldn't have access to the kitchen. Then in the afternoon tidy up the house and make sure kitchen (where the boiler is) and radiators were accessible, P was going to do the loft and the garage if necessary. Of course none of this has happened, they'll just have to take pot luck. We still have water so at least we were able to have breakfast and use the facilities.

I wonder what else can go wrong.

Well, the second disaster has arrived. I went to swat a fly on our 5m width living room curtain and broke the overlap on the corded track. Obviously as the fittings are ancient there are no spares available, so it's a whole new track and fittings. I well remember the faff at getting the original track and cords installed, holding up the track and making sure the cords weren'ttrapped was a nightmare. So that was a very expensive fly, at around £80 and a whole lot of bother to boot. Happy days. I wonder what will be next.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 08-06-2022

I feel for you, Jen. It can only get better. Smile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Broadway - 08-06-2022

(08-06-2022, 11:19 AM)JJB Wrote: Well, the second disaster has arrived. I went to swat a fly on our 5m width living room curtain and broke the overlap on the corded track. Obviously as the fittings are ancient there are no spares available, so it's a whole new track and fittings.  I well remember the faff at getting  the original track and cords installed, holding up the track and making sure the cords weren'ttrapped was a nightmare.  So that was a very expensive fly, at around £80 and a whole lot of bother to boot. Happy days.  I wonder what will be next.
Sorry Jen but the way you word it I can't help but smile, sorry

(08-06-2022, 03:37 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 11:19 AM)JJB Wrote: Well, the second disaster has arrived. I went to swat a fly on our 5m width living room curtain and broke the overlap on the corded track. Obviously as the fittings are ancient there are no spares available, so it's a whole new track and fittings.  I well remember the faff at getting  the original track and cords installed, holding up the track and making sure the cords weren'ttrapped was a nightmare.  So that was a very expensive fly, at around £80 and a whole lot of bother to boot. Happy days.  I wonder what will be next.

Rest assured, you're not the only one Danny  Wink my best pal laughed her socks off.
Boiler men have gone leaving instructions to run the boiler on hot as long as we can stand it to rinse out the system. It's 20° outside, I'm roasting. They're back for a half day tomorrow.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Broadway - 08-06-2022

(08-06-2022, 05:54 PM)JJB Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 03:37 PM)Broadway Wrote:

Rest assured, you're not the only one Danny  Wink my best pal laughed her socks off.
Boiler men have gone leaving instructions to run the boiler on hot as long as we can stand it to rinse out the system. It's 20° outside, I'm roasting. They're back for a half day tomorrow.
God bless hope all goes wellSmile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 09-06-2022

Well the third and fourth semi-disasters have arrived. They have fitted the boiler 1" off centre between two kitchen cupboards, and just because some twerp didn't measure properly, it will be off centre in perpetuity. I doesn't bother me much but P whose chair in the kitchen is directly in line of sight with it and him with (in my opinion) mild OCD, it is driving him mad. Smile Then no.4, on return from shopping found the hot water header tank overflow was pouring out water. The shut off valve was leaking. Nothing to do with boiler work, just another little (?) job for P. We're not about to waste water in this household Smile I hope it's not the start of another run of three. We're expecting delivery of the new 5m curtain track this afternoon. Fitting that will be the next fun and games. Can I go into hibernation or perhaps a nunnery?

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 09-06-2022

I can see you in a nunnery, Jen, flouncing around with your dirty habit and wimple askew Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 09-06-2022

I had a hoover and clean fest this morning in my underpants! Smile

The reason I was in underoants only was because I had got my black suit out for a a funeral, but didn't want to put it on too early as I have a white Siberian Husky who sheds hairs all year round. I was sick of looking at his little tufts of hairs left on the carpets so went through the ground floor of the house wih the Dyson. I filled the Dyson twice over with white hairs and it will probably be the same again tomorrow. Rolleyes

Anyway, once I had all the hairs up and just before I dived out the door before he brushed up against me........... I donned my black suit! Big Grin

I seem to be going to a lot of funerals lately and my friend and relative list is depleting by the day! Sick