Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 04-06-2022

This is why I have a whole shed, albeit small, full of cardboard. I'm literally about to embark on exactly the same as you Pros - laying out cardboard and getting them covered.

I also need to get the glass into the greenhouse frame.. so much to do lol

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 06-06-2022

Bit of a change in the weather today! Wet this morning, hot sun this afternoon.
Went to collect some free bread today and, as I parked the car at the pickup point, saw an elderly lady, with a walker across the road. She'd stopped walking and looked a bit unsteady so I went over and asked her if she was OK. She shook her head and said No, I'm not, the police are on their way.
I asked what was wrong and then I was stuck in a saga about her noisy neighbour, how she couldn't sleep, she wanted to move, the police were coming at 11pm tonight to listen to the noise and she wanted them to do something..............and the council to move her etc etc. Then she changed tack and told me about going to the doctors for a blood test............Never thought I'd get away!! Hope things improve for her soon.
Meanwhile, back in the garden, I dug up lots of couch grass.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 06-06-2022

Weeded one fruit cage, darned holes in the netting with plastic coated wire to stop baby robins wriggling through. P helped, bless him, he also put edging along the borders in gh to stop the soil migrating onto the path. Picked strawberries.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Mark_Riga - 06-06-2022

The jury is out on what the harvest will be like this year. Inspected the broad bean flowers and a lot had holes at the top made by a lazy bee so not too many of them expected.
Also chased a squirrel, rabbit and some wood pigeons out of the garden - but they will be back.
Planted out a tray of climbing french beans. I hadn't been going to bother but decided they could go close to the garlic as that will be coming out in not too long. Still need to put up supports for them.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 06-06-2022

I'm in panic mode. An old school chum of P's has just told him he's visiting a cousin at the top of our road and has invited himself down to ours to chat about school days. Eeek. I don't do visitors and I'm going to have to do some housework before Saturday morning, plus Thursday and Friday the boiler's being changed, so the kitchen will be out of action. The perfect storm.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 08:32 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm in panic mode. An old school chum of P's has just told him he's visiting a cousin at the top of our road and has invited himself down to ours to chat about school days. Eeek. I don't do visitors and I'm going to have to do some housework before Saturday morning, plus Thursday and Friday the boiler's being changed, so the kitchen will be out of action. The perfect storm.

That's one of the best ways ever to get your house cleaned quickly. Nothing motivates like a visitor at short notice!

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 06-06-2022

(06-06-2022, 08:32 PM)JJB Wrote: I'm in panic mode. An old school chum of P's has just told him he's visiting a cousin at the top of our road and has invited himself down to ours to chat about school days.  Eeek. I don't do visitors and I'm going to have to do some housework before Saturday morning, plus Thursday and Friday the boiler's being changed, so the kitchen will be out of action. The perfect storm.
Not a storm but the perfect excuse for being in a mess. Set up a table/seats in the garden and pray for fine weather to keep them out of the house.
True friends visit to see friends, not look for dust.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 07-06-2022

Dust? It's more like chaos at ours Smile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Mark_Riga - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 09:29 AM)JJB Wrote: Dust?  It's more like chaos at ours Smile

It can't be as bad as ours sometimes gets. Once, just once mind, when a visitation was immanent, I cleaned the kitchen table and noticed a couple of maggots in with the crumbs. I never told anyone but haven't let it get that bad since. We rarely get flies in the kitchen so it must have been a one off.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 07-06-2022

Nice one Mark, You make me feel a lot better about my kitchen table now.
I did got to bed with a slug once! Woke up and it was crawling across my face Big Grin