Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 21-05-2022

Communal garden? Is it a retirement home, Jen? Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 21-05-2022

Three or four of my roses are blooming now - beautiful! None of them are scented though, so I need to make a few purchases for climbing scented roses I think. Any good suggestions?

I'm on the last strait of my uni work now, so I'll force myself to finish that before I'm allowed to do anything but watering in the garden. It hurts me to the bone, since I'm going away on Tuesday and so much in the greenhouse really need to be planted out before then! God knows how I'm going to achieve that LOL

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 04-06-2022

Morning GanG. Thought I'd share my last night dreams with you for a laugh!
I was walking down a road and saw an old biddy (about my age) rummaging in some bags outside a junkshop. "I'm having these" she said and told me they were books. I really, really wanted to look in the bags in case there was a book I wanted. We got talking and I asked he if she lived locally. She said she was from Ipecacuanha.
"That's Mexico, isn't it" I said,
"Nah, she replied, "its in the Midlands".
When I woke up I was trying to say ipipecupecuanha - couldn't remember how many syllables it had!!! No wonder its shortened to ipipec.........or summat. Still can't remember how to spell it. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 04-06-2022

Trying to make more beds this afternoon, but I have completely exhausted my cardboard stash. I have used everything, down to tiny boxes like paracetamol.

I am not going to be able to get hold of large quantities of cardboard, so now what? Do I just pile the compost straight into the grass and hope for the best? I think it may be my only option as I have so many plants that are overdue being planted out. Have a horrible feeling it will just be creating a weedy rod for my own back in future, but my only other option is to put down plastic sheets (old compost bags) and then the compost and then redo it all at a later date - not appealing!!

If I'm putting compost straight down, should I dig and at least turn the turf upside down first?

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 04-06-2022

(04-06-2022, 12:13 PM)Veggie Wrote: Morning GanG. Thought I'd share my last night dreams with you for a laugh!
I was walking down a road and saw an old biddy (about my age) rummaging in some bags outside a junkshop. "I'm having these" she said and told me they were books. I really, really wanted to look in the bags in case there was a book I wanted. We got talking and I asked he if she lived locally. She said she was from Ipecacuanha.
"That's Mexico, isn't it" I said,
"Nah, she replied, "its in the Midlands".
When I woke up I was trying to say ipipecupecuanha - couldn't remember how many syllables it had!!! No wonder its shortened to ipipec.........or summat. Still can't remember how to spell it. Big Grin

Makes you sick when you can't spell, doesn't it?

I have found a roll of plain wallpaper!!! That should be good for another couple of feet of beds Big Grin

Okay, it is as tricky as you might imagine to wallpaper one's lawn by yourself on a windy day...

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 04-06-2022

Pros, I've used old towels and curtains to suppress grass. They let the water through and eventually rot down, like cardboard.

(04-06-2022, 03:11 PM)Veggie Wrote: Pros, I've used old towels and curtains to suppress grass. They let the water through and eventually rot down, like cardboard.
Hmmmm, good thought. There were some nice big curtains left here that I don't want. Sadly, no label. The associated bedspread is 50% polyester, but the curtains feel pretty heavy and could well be all natural fibres (bar the trimmings). Hmmmmmm.... Maybe they will do!

It is on!