Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 22-04-2022

(22-04-2022, 02:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: Artnoon All. Been put in my place today!! Went to a house to collect some freebies and the parents were busy packing the car for a weekend away at a leisure park.
Small child in car seat, young girl standing in car, parents jamming stuff into boot. Got the picture?
The mother tells me that its a last minute weekend away and I say how nice, quite envious etc as you do. Then I said to the children "Can I come with you?".
Young girl said, very loudly "NO".
She couldn't have been more positive about it. Didn't know whether to feel hurt or relieved Big Grin
Its a lot cooler today, I think the sun has packed his bags and gone away for the weekend too.

haha lucky escape Veggie! I can't imagine anything worse than spending a long weekend with someone else's kids, especially since there's so many these days that don't have a volume control, nor are very well behaved. I'd rather stay at home and spend time in my garden haha

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 22-04-2022

(22-04-2022, 04:43 PM)Jay Wrote: Thanks everyone for your kind words, means so much. x
He is a little better today so they have pencilled in a date in a couple of weeks for his op, all depends on how fit he is by then!!  Still no visiting!!

Oh what a relief Jay!! I'm so pleased to hear that. Sepsis is dangerous. So happy for you  Heart Heart Heart

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 23-04-2022

You can say that again Sarriss, if I’d left things any longer it might have been a different story.

Morning everyone, the sun is shining and things are looking positive. My son has been staying with me this week and will be here next week, then my daughter and family arrive for a few days. So good having the company.
Starting to notice that I’ve let things in the domestics department slip again so better get started on them!! Smile
Have a great day, catch up later. x

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 24-04-2022

Morning all

I am a bit 'achy' this morning. It's my own fault, not content with doing a boot camp from 9 til 10 yesterday followed by Rockfit for an hour I actually signed on for and did a Barre session for an hour aterwards. Luckily I took a spare tee shirt with me as I was dripping with sweat after the first two sessions. Cry

I actually quite enjoyed the Barre session even though I will never be a ballet dancer! Rolleyes Two days off excercise now apart from dog walking so should recuperate for Tuesdays sessions. Cool

Today I hope to get some early tatties planted in tubs.  Smile

I have finished my low dry stone retaining wall now and have been left with loads of small pieces of stone. My latest plan to utilise these is to set them in cement in a run about 300mm wide between two rows of paving flags. This will all be to dig out and I will level with small stones in between. It will serve two purposes, ie tidy the area and allow me to get rid of the stones. Cool

First though, it's hang the washing out and take Kato for a walk! Rolleyes

Ta ta for now.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 24-04-2022

Barre session, now that conjures up an image. Big Grin well done Vinny, I couldn't manage half the stuff you get up to.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 24-04-2022

I can see Vinny in his tutu.............Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - PyreneesPlot - 25-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:10 AM)Jay Wrote: Morning everyone, haven’t been on for a while. I’ll keep a very long story short. My OH was taken to hospital 2 weeks ago suffering from sepsis. He is getting a little better but unfortunately it has damaged his heart so he needs a valve repair operation.
What I wanted to say was this was caused, they reckon, by an infection getting into his bloodstream via his skin…a small cut or scratch!!!
Please, please wear gloves when you are gardening folks…I’m sounding dramatic but it was.
No visiting allowed at the hospital due to Covid but now that he is a little better we can FaceTime.
Take care of yourselves. Will be able to pop in now that he is a bit better for a catch up!
Hope you are all well!! x

Belated best wishes to you both and i hope you can still enjoy the company of your family under the circumstances.

A sunny day today, the first for a while, so laundry has to take priority over the garden, but I aim to get this and last week's sow lists done at least!

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 25-04-2022

(24-04-2022, 06:57 PM)Veggie Wrote: I can see Vinny in his tutu.............Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I've just received my ballet socks off Amazon! Tongue They usually only go up to size 8 so I had to order some specially for me! Rolleyes Haven't worn them yet but they are supposed to stop you slipping and falling on your arse while doing a pirouette! Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 25-04-2022

Morning all

Doesn't look brilliant out there today and even Kato is in no hurry for his walk this morning! Rolleyes I've even put the heating on for a spell as it hasn't been on for a couple of weeks.
Didn't get half quarter of what I planned to do yesterday. I planted one tub of spuds and two tubs of lillies (which I forgot I had) and that was about it. Confused

Haven't got anything planned for today apart from dog walking. Deciding whether to fast today on this meatless Monday or whether to just feast on the veggy soup I made yesterday?
Plenty to do, I'm just a bit short of inspiration at the mo. That could change after dog walk perks me up though! Smile

Ce la ve for now!

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 25-04-2022

(25-04-2022, 10:05 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(24-04-2022, 06:57 PM)Veggie Wrote: I can see Vinny in his tutu.............Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I've just received my ballet socks off Amazon! Tongue They usually only go up to size 8 so I had to order some specially for me! Rolleyes Haven't worn them yet but they are supposed to stop you slipping and falling on your arse while doing a pirouette! Big Grin
This is getting better and better. NEED PICTURES Big Grin