Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 17-04-2022

I've been painting part of the fence in the garden with a dark chestnut fence paint. It looks really smart, and I got agreement from Jay that not only are we paying the teenager to paint the rest of the fence, we should paint the garden furniture and the two sheds that we're keeping too, to keep it looking less busy. I wasn't sure he'd agree with me, so that's a result Smile

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 21-04-2022

Morning everyone, haven’t been on for a while. I’ll keep a very long story short. My OH was taken to hospital 2 weeks ago suffering from sepsis. He is getting a little better but unfortunately it has damaged his heart so he needs a valve repair operation.
What I wanted to say was this was caused, they reckon, by an infection getting into his bloodstream via his skin…a small cut or scratch!!!
Please, please wear gloves when you are gardening folks…I’m sounding dramatic but it was.
No visiting allowed at the hospital due to Covid but now that he is a little better we can FaceTime.
Take care of yourselves. Will be able to pop in now that he is a bit better for a catch up!
Hope you are all well!! x

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 21-04-2022

So sorry to hear your tale Jay. How absolutely terrifying. I had a similar thing a couple of years ago but thankfully they caught it just before sepsis got hold, another day's delay and I would have been like your OH. I'm so pleased I escaped it. Best wishes to both you and Mr. Jay, take care of yourselves, we'll be thinking of you. Keep us posted.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Broadway - 21-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:10 AM)Jay Wrote: Morning everyone, haven’t been on for a while. I’ll keep a very long story short. My OH was taken to hospital 2 weeks ago suffering from sepsis. He is getting a little better but unfortunately it has damaged his heart so he needs a valve repair operation.
What I wanted to say was this was caused, they reckon, by an infection getting into his bloodstream via his skin…a small cut or scratch!!!
Please, please wear gloves when you are gardening folks…I’m sounding dramatic but it was.
No visiting allowed at the hospital due to Covid but now that he is a little better we can FaceTime.
Take care of yourselves. Will be able to pop in now that he is a bit better for a catch up!
Best wishes to you and hubby Jay.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 21-04-2022

A salutary warning, indeed. Its so easy to forget gloves when gardening.
Big hugs to you both - you can Facetime it to Mr Jay. Sincerely hope that he's back home soon. Take care of yourself, Jay.xx

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Small chilli - 21-04-2022

Thinking of you and your other half Jay. Hope he’s home with you again soon.

It’s quite scary how the smallest simplest things can end up being life threatening. Bobs dad did something very similar. Got sepsis from a tiny splitter after brushing sawdust away.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 21-04-2022

Oh my goodness Jay, I'm so sorry to hear that Sad I hope he recovers quickly, that you cope well in the meantime and that he can come home soon. How frightening this must have been for both of you xx

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 22-04-2022

(21-04-2022, 10:10 AM)Jay Wrote: Morning everyone, haven’t been on for a while. I’ll keep a very long story short. My OH was taken to hospital 2 weeks ago suffering from sepsis. He is getting a little better but unfortunately it has damaged his heart so he needs a valve repair operation.

That's rotten for you and your OH, Jay. Hopefully he will be feeling much better soon. Make sure you take good care of yourself, as well as thinking about him!

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 22-04-2022

Artnoon All. Been put in my place today!! Went to a house to collect some freebies and the parents were busy packing the car for a weekend away at a leisure park.
Small child in car seat, young girl standing in car, parents jamming stuff into boot. Got the picture?
The mother tells me that its a last minute weekend away and I say how nice, quite envious etc as you do. Then I said to the children "Can I come with you?".
Young girl said, very loudly "NO".
She couldn't have been more positive about it. Didn't know whether to feel hurt or relieved Big Grin
Its a lot cooler today, I think the sun has packed his bags and gone away for the weekend too.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 22-04-2022

Thanks everyone for your kind words, means so much. x
He is a little better today so they have pencilled in a date in a couple of weeks for his op, all depends on how fit he is by then!! Still no visiting!!