Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 27-03-2022

Just a degree or two warmr than it is now - I'd be happy. In fact anything between 10 and 20 degrees is perfect for me, and rain over night. Yep.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Bren - 28-03-2022

I like to be able to wear short and a t-shirt or even a fleece and as for rain it should only be overnight.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 29-03-2022

Morning all

I ripped a privet hedge out the other day and a fencing contractor is giving me a price for a fence in its place. The problem is he says he cant work around the 'stumps' of privet left in ground so today shall be spent tying to get them out Sick . Not looking forward to the job but needs must I suppose. Rolleyes

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 07-04-2022

Morning GnG. Big Grin It was a windy one last night. Seems to have taken a toll on the 3 joined GH frames that used to be covered in debris netting. It was shaking from end to end this morning like an accordion being squeezed. Time for yet another rethink - maybe Plan D (remove the middle frame and leave the 2 end frames).
In other news, I'm off to pick up my raffle prize this afternoon (5 Easter eggs and a rabbit). The rabbit has evolved into a lamb apparently! This raffle was to raise funds for a little lad called Harri whose only hope of a cure is to go to America and the family need £1m to pay for it. Calling all lottery winners - spend your money on Harri and others like him - not on fast cars and cruises.
Have fun - whatever you do today. Promise??? Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 07-04-2022

Latest news - I'm not collecting the lamb and eggs today but at the weekend. The good news is..........that gives me time to fill the garden waste bins for tomorrow's collection. There's always a bright side.........Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 07-04-2022

Sounds like a good haul, Veggie. Let's hope the chocolate lamb doesn't turn out to be a real one or you are going to have to build a lot of garden fences!

Absolutely horrendous weather here this morning. Gale force winds and driving hail. Very glad it all seems to have settled down. I have online teaching this afternoon so heading home now. I just hope the things that I found strewn in my driveway are still back where I unceremoniously dumped them back under the gate this morning. My carport is a ferocious wind tunnel at times - I may need to add flaps to the bottom of the gate to stop things blowing out of my back garden!

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 16-04-2022

Happy Easter Saturday everyone. May your weekend be sublimely full of Easter Eggs, Hot Cross buns, Fluffy bunnies, chicks and lambs and ............sunshine.
As for me, I'm off to Splott. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 16-04-2022

Thank you V. I think perhaps Splott deserves you. Have you sent them out an early warning? Big Grin Have a lovely time. No easter eggs here, nor fluffy bunnies but there maybe a hot cross bun in the freezer. I'm very glad I'm not battling queues at airports or ferry docks or on a motorway.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 16-04-2022

P has cut the grass and from a distance it looks like a bowling green. I'm absolutely useless with flowers but the spring garden does look vibrant...shame about the rest of the year  Rolleyes

[attachment=4627]

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Broadway - 16-04-2022

(16-04-2022, 05:32 PM)JJB Wrote: P has cut the grass and from a distance it looks like a bowling green. I'm absolutely useless with flowers but the spring garden does look vibrant...shame about the rest of the year  Rolleyes
Looks superb Jen