Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 11-03-2022

Is there something similar for wrinklies, JJB? Could you ask P please?

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 11-03-2022

??? P go on holiday willingly? Not going to happen, ask another question. There is always SAGA but I don't think they allow stripping off Smile
How about the Sunday lunch club down the road? Now if I was alone I wouldn't mind lunch club just for the company but I can't see P ever indulging.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Proserpina - 11-03-2022

Is "covering the canary" a euphemism?

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 11-03-2022

(11-03-2022, 07:46 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Is "covering the canary" a euphemism?

Haha, could be, but wasn't intended.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 11-03-2022

Anything to do with budgies? Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 12-03-2022

No smugglers here, perish the thought!

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Vinny - 12-03-2022

Morning all

I wa a bit dismayed this morning when I got my gas and electric bill in as it was even higher than previous evennthough I had been very frugal in its use. Angry

The meter man came and read the electric meter but for some reason didn't read the gas meter so they sent me an estimated bill. Just been out and read the gas meter and sent them the proper reading which is considerably less than the estimated one. Hope this makes the bill a bit more affordable and gives me the motivation to carry on with my frugality? Huh
Anyway, spent yesterday on hands and knees scraping bathroom floor where I had dropped bits of tile cement on it. Off to put petrol in car, see If I can purchase a new part glazed bathroom door and get some ceiling latts for joints in suspended ceiling.
A bit of food shopping and trying to find out compost costs at Aldi? They had three different types last time I was there but no prices on them? I want the chepeast available as I will be using it as a seed sowing mulch on allotment. Rolleyes

Bye for now.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 12-03-2022

I had my first negative test this morning! Now that it's dried after a few hours I can see a very, very faint line... but it has made me happy. I'm beating this thing Smile

I have a sore throat still, annoying cough and a bit chesty, but I don't have a temperature anymore, and I feel much better in myself. I'm not back up to full strength though. I am slow in everything I do.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 12-03-2022

Good news Sarriss!! My OH did a test this morning, a very faint line. Mine…still positiveSad Still it happens quickly so fingers crossed. Not sure what the rules in Scotland are if he is tests negative soon and I’m positive.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 13-03-2022

I've still got a very faint positive line, it's taking a long time this. Are you feeling better though Jay? That's the most important, I think.

I'm going to venture out with masks and gel tomorrow, because I need cat food and chicken food. I've asked the shop to have the food ready at the door so I can just pay and go. They're very amenable (but not so that they'll deliver for a price lol)