Garden And Gossip Forums
2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night (/showthread.php?tid=1384)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 28-02-2022

Last day of February and yesterday's prelude to spring has turned back to December rain.
Last night I heard that there was a call out for clothes, food, bedding, toiletries, medical stuff etc to be taken to Poland for the Ukrainian refugees - they needed to be with the collection centre before Wednesday. As soon as I got up I raided the wardrobes, for my new walking boots, trainers, coats, hats and gloves etc and laid them all on the bed ready to pack. Came downstairs, logged on to the internet and read that all they needed now were medical supplies! Whilst that is really good news, I now have to put all this stuff back in the wardrobe!!!
Later, went out to pick up and drop off, some bits, then to Morries to fill up with petrol...........and hunt for yellow stickers. The checkout guy seemed to think I could give him a job. He told me how he was applying for jobs, his qualifications and work he'd done previously. He went on and on and on, as if I was on the interview panel and could magic a job out of thin air for him. All I wanted to do was pack my bags and leave!! Hope he finds a job soon but I'll be avoiding his checkout in future. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 01-03-2022

Morning, beautiful sun shiny morning! Domestics today and I’ve bedding that needs, and I mean needs ironing. You know the sort…non iron!!
Granddaughter’s 1st birthday on Saturday, where did that year go?
Have a great day everyone. x

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 02-03-2022

Happy March - In like a lion (a damp one) and out, I hope, like a fluffy little lamb.
Its been a "can't do much" morning because there's been a "man" here. My neighbour's chimney pot cowl was damaged in the storms and, to access it, the roofer needed to come into my garden. He needed 3 ladders, one to get up to the roof, another to hang down from the ridge, and a 3rd one to reach the top of the chimney stack. The big ladder had to go between the back of GH No 3 and the garage, where I keep all sorts of stuff - water butts, the not-yet functional wormery, big pots etc. In my mind, the ladders crashed down onto the GH while another one went through the garage roof.
I worried unnecessarily and all is well. However, I've booked him to come back and repair a redundant chimney here. The rain has been coming down the chimney when the wind is in a certain direction and its damp in there. From his rooftop vantage point he could see that the mortar was cracked so he'll repair that and change the cowl for a less airy one. Its needed doing for a while.
Otherwise, not much to witter on about here.
Hope you're all well and happy. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - JJB - 02-03-2022

Well and reasonably happy, thank you V. Damp here all day. Spent the whole morning sorting next door's tech, it's very frustrating, he keeps messing about with settings he knows nothing about and denies doing so, but they've no one else to help so it's down to me.

Concerned about the world situation, as are we all, I can't see it all resolving without escalation. I feel sorry for those who've lost everything, and thinking about next door - how would they have coped in similar circumstances, being housebound with no relatives. All very sobering.

Having sung the praises of my 40+ yr old pressure cooker, I fear I've put the mockers on it. The weights went flying off this evening when cooking some beans, eventually got the weights to stay on and the beans cooked. It might only need new weights but they are few and far between after all these years. P will no doubt solve the problem tomorrow, otherwise its a new one Sad

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Small chilli - 09-03-2022

Morning everyone
I now feel like I’ve actually joined the pandemic. Just had my very first zoom meeting  Big Grin . This technology thing works. You know, I think it might catch on  Big Grin . 
Lots of things to think about after my meeting. See you all later.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Small chilli - 10-03-2022

Morning everyone
Another cold wet breezy day outside. Just perfect for starting the day with a fight with the wireless printer! I hate that thing. Unfortunately I feel it may not be the last fight of the day! I’m off to work now.
Have a good day everyone.

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Jay - 10-03-2022

Morning all, just back from our trip down south for our granddaughter’s 1st birthday. Came back with a present of our very own…we both have Covid!! So self isolation it is (we still have to do it here in Scotland). Thank goodness there’s a bit in the freezer as we cancelled the grocery delivery. Amazing how you can be quite happy being indoors until you’re told you must stay indoors. So far it’s just like a really bad cold, fingers crossed it stays that way!
Have a great day everyone, catch up with you all later. x

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 10-03-2022

I hope you feel better soon Jay, that's how it is for me too. Terribly sore throat, chest cough, headache, aches and pains, temperature, loss of taste for anything savoury. And weird dreams!
Take care

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - Veggie - 10-03-2022

Morning G&G. Hope all you Covid sufferers recover quickly and are soon back in the outside world again. Given the weather here today, staying indoors is the better option!
Keep smiling. Big Grin

RE: 2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night - SarrissUK - 10-03-2022

It is absolutely beautiful weather here today! Blue skies, sunshine, warm gentle breeze