Garden And Gossip Forums
Christmas presents. - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Christmas presents. (/showthread.php?tid=1360)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Christmas presents. - Small chilli - 15-12-2021

Thought I’d start a thread so we can share all the delightful ( and the I’ll never use that ) gifts we’ve had for Christmas.
Must admit, I’m doing very well already this Christmas    Cool .
I’ve had a beautiful David Austin rose, quite a large cheque and yesterday Bob came home with a raised bed a friend made for me .

[attachment=4227] [attachment=4228]

2.4m if you were wondering    Wink  Big Grin  Heart

RE: Christmas presents. - Vinny - 15-12-2021

Love the raised bed SC. Cool What a novel idea and it will be insulated too because of the air inside pipes. Smile

I got a nice little 'crafty' Christmas present last night at the last Rockfit of the year. Smile One of the Women gave us all a hand made tree decoration! Cool

RE: Christmas presents. - Scarlet - 15-12-2021

I planted most of mine yesterday! Tulips, peonies and anemones.

RE: Christmas presents. - Garrett - 15-12-2021

This year I'm getting a heated propagator (already arrived) and some root trainers. First time I've used either so very excited to try them in the new year.

RE: Christmas presents. - JJB - 15-12-2021

Nothing  Sad

But seriously P and I don't exchange gifts, there's no point, we buy what we want when we want it, and I tell the lad to save his money. I might get the traditional box of maltesers eventually.
We are having the back porch redone in the new year so I expect that will be classified as a Xmas pressie.  Wink

RE: Christmas presents. - Veggie - 15-12-2021

Same here JJB - and for the same reasons.
However, I've bought 3 copies of a locally published book about the heroes commemorated on the village war memorial and those that had connections with the parish that are not commemorated. One of those was an uncle that I never knew but my Mother had photos of him that have been included in the book. I'm going to give a book to his son (my cousin) who never knew his father, and one to my brother. the third copy is for me.
That's it - nothing else. No cards, do pressies, no decorations, no crackers, no festive meal..................

Bah Humbug. Tongue

RE: Christmas presents. - Scarlet - 15-12-2021

(15-12-2021, 01:54 PM)Garrett Wrote: This year I'm getting a heated propagator (already arrived) and some root trainers. First time I've used either so very excited to try them in the new year.
You'll wonder why you never had a heated propagator before! I couldn't do without mine.

RE: Christmas presents. - Small chilli - 15-12-2021

Bob asked me what I wanted for Christmas yesterday. The man has no imagination  Rolleyes . I said fence posts. 
Don’t think I’m getting fence posts    Sad .

(15-12-2021, 02:25 PM)Veggie Wrote: Same here JJB - and for the same reasons.
However, I've bought 3 copies of a locally published book about the heroes commemorated on the village war memorial and those that had connections with the parish that are not commemorated. One of those was an uncle that I never knew but my Mother had photos of him that have been included in the book. I'm going to give a book to his son (my cousin) who never knew his father, and one to my brother. the third copy is for me.
That's it - nothing else. No cards, do pressies, no decorations, no crackers, no festive meal..................

Bah Humbug. Tongue
And you think I am daft!  Rolleyes Tongue