Garden And Gossip Forums
New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Nutty as a fruit cake (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: New RSFLF Challenge. :D (/showthread.php?tid=1344)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Bren - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 12:06 AM)JJB Wrote: Brain ache has set in, I'll watch you start in a frenzy and wait til spring when yet another grand plan takes over.  You offer endless hours of amusement Veggie  Smile but have a feeling you must be very tiring to live with. Big Grin  I almost wish you lived nearby, some of your enthusiasm might rub off on me.

I have to agree JJB Big Grin   I'm another who  loves reading Veggies plans  Big Grin

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Vinny - 07-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 11:47 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 11:40 PM)Vinny Wrote: Veggie, you are getting as bad as me with my Meatless Monday etc etc Rolleyes
Excuse me, but I was here first with Rootsday, Chooksday, Weedsday, t'Herbsday and Friday's for Flowers. Saturday and Sundays are Weekend Wildcards. Tongue
I think you nead a spreadsheet to keep track! Tongue

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Veggie - 07-12-2021

Spreadsheet!! Pah Tongue They're about as much use to me as a chocolate fireplace.
My version is written on a postcard - although I need to rewrite it as its looking a bit tatty.(Tatties = Roots on Monday)

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Veggie - 07-12-2021

Failed on Day 1!
Workmen here this most of the day fitting new garage doors so couldn't head off to the end of the garden to plant shallots + its been too wet and windy.
I have a sprouting onion (one that I prepared earlier - a couple of months earlier) to eat tonight.
Fruits day tomorrow - will sow some broad beans and pick tomatoes.

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - JJB - 08-12-2021

Are the new doors automatic V? Or have we already had this conversation ?

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Veggie - 08-12-2021

No and Yes. Big Grin

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Veggie - 26-12-2021

Some people spend Christmas opening presents and making merry - - not me. I'm making plans for the new RSFLF Challenge of 2022 which starts, officially, on 1st January..........but I'm having a practice run this week.
On Sundays, I'll fill all the containers with compost (a bucket for Roots on Monday), and 5 tetrapacks (one side removed) to sow quick turn round veg (radish, sprouting onions, pea shoots, salad leaves etc - that can spend all their life in the same tetrapak); Tuesday's shoots, Wednesday's fruits and Thursday's leaves will be in modules. Flowers in Modules/pots.
Also, I'll find the seeds to sow that week and write labels!
Preparation is key to success. Big Grin

Remind of this next week please. Wink

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Veggie - 26-12-2021

All ready for Week 1. Smile
Bucket & 2 tetra paks filled with compost. (only had 2 as I've been throwing them away!) 

Monday - sow Early Nantes carrot & French Breakfast radish
Tuesday -  Blue Solaise leeks and Mizuna
Wednesday -  early tomatoes (need to set up the propagator first) & pea shoots 
Thursday - Hispi cabbage and Rocket
Friday - Sweet peas and Basil

Wish me luck. Big Grin

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - JJB - 26-12-2021

Best of luck. You might very well succeed with the mild temperatures we're having.

RE: New RSFLF Challenge. :D - Veggie - 27-12-2021

(26-12-2021, 06:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: All ready for Week 1. Smile
Bucket & 2 tetra paks filled with compost. (only had 2 as I've been throwing them away!) 

Monday - sow Early Nantes carrot & French Breakfast radish
Tuesday -  Blue Solaise leeks and Mizuna
Wednesday -  early tomatoes (need to set up the propagator first) & pea shoots 
Thursday - Hispi cabbage and Rocket
Friday - Sweet peas and Basil

Wish me luck. Big Grin
Day 1 sowing complete!!..........Its a start. Smile
I'd hoped to dig up some Oca and Chinese Artichokes to eat a Root today but its too wet to go rootling in the mud. Maybe next Monday?