Garden And Gossip Forums
What's in flower on 1st of month? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: All about Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: What's in flower on 1st of month? (/showthread.php?tid=1338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - JJB - 02-03-2024

(05-01-2024, 01:02 PM)Veggie Wrote: Lots of camellias, all pink, probably because I've never planted a white one!
A single calendula, vinca, snowdrops and the hellebores are wide open today, enjoying the sunshine - as am I. Big Grin

EDIT There are flowers on the broad beans that have regrown from some planted  & cropped last year, flowers on some raspberries but I don't think they'll do anything and, of course, flowers on the Bijou mangetout in GH2 (sorry JJB).  Big Grin

B off Smile

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - JJB - 02-03-2024

From memory I've got daffs, snowdrops, periwinkle, polyanthus, iberis, forsythia, winter jasmine, lawn daisies, bittercress but no Bijou Sad

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Veggie - 02-03-2024

From memory, because, once again its raining, the Forsythia is flowering, hyacinths, lots of daffs, peach tree and of course the Bijou mangetout. Tongue

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Mark_Riga - 02-03-2024

Hellebores, January's winter flowering shrubs still, daffodils, grape hyacinths and hyacinths, damsons, camelias, snowdrops just about, crocus, primroses and primula as well as dandelions and celandines in the verges.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Veggie - 03-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 06:56 PM)Veggie Wrote: From memory, because, once again its raining, the Forsythia is flowering, hyacinths, lots of daffs, peach tree and of course the Bijou mangetout. Tongue
Adding Primroses, tulips (buds not open yet), the usual Vinca, dandelion, hellebore, Euphorbia, Daisies, flowering currant, plum, Pear almost open, and Camellias galore.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - JJB - 04-03-2024

(02-03-2024, 03:59 PM)JJB Wrote: From memory I've got daffs, snowdrops, periwinkle, polyanthus,  iberis, forsythia, winter jasmine, lawn daisies, bittercress but no Bijou Sad
Also got primroses, crocus and pulmonaria and yet more bittercress

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Small chilli - 05-04-2024

I’d completely forgotten a new month has started. I have quite a lot flowering. If I can remember them all is another matter.
Daffodils
Tulips
Primrose
Elephant ear plant
A shrub of some sort with nice little white flowers.
Winter flowering heather
Honesty
Anemone
Hyacinth
Forsythia
Cherry & plum trees
Wallflowers
Camellia (  Cool she’s finally flowering)

[attachment=7446]

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Veggie - 05-04-2024

Daffodils & Forsythia going over now,
Tulips,
Grape hyacinth
primrose,
Dog violets
Camellias (the odd one that has pink flowers and white flowers)
Flowering currant,
Bluebells are just starting.
Cherry, pear, plum and a few strawberries
Honesty,
Vinca, celandine, daisy, dandelion, forgetmenot, three cornered leek
Rocket, Chinese leaves, rosemary, broad beans, mangetout, perennial kale