Garden And Gossip Forums
What's in flower on 1st of month? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: All about Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: What's in flower on 1st of month? (/showthread.php?tid=1338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - toomanytommytoes - 03-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 09:54 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: Snake's head fritillary, love them!
Gorgeous!

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - JJB - 03-04-2023

My first two tulips opened up today

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Can the Man - 03-04-2023

I just noticed my cavolo nero has gone to seed and there’s lots of yellow flowers on them. ?

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Vinny - 03-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 08:30 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 04:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Its the same every year I have loads of flowers on my plum tree and pear tree. I've never had a plum in three years and ONE pear last year so anything better than that is a bonus? Rolleyes
Do you have wood pigeons?  The ones round our way go for the fruitlets on both plum and pear trees. And this year I'm sure they have been going for the blossom buds already. Also squirrels go for the fruit before it ripens.
No wood pigeons as plenty of cats about! Smile

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - toomanytommytoes - 21-04-2023

(26-03-2023, 02:00 PM)toomanytommytoes Wrote: The first dwarf tulips have been out for a few days. Tulipa tarda perhaps? There should be two more varieties popping up soon but I don't know exactly what colour they will be, from google imaging the Wilko packaging it looked like Little Princess and Little Beauty.

EDIT: After some more googling it looks like it could be Tulipa turkestanica?
Here's another one of the Wilko tulips. This one looks like Tulipa saxatilis. Very pretty! There's one more different tulip that's not flowered yet.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Farendwoman - 01-05-2023

Amazed at how many things are actually starting to flower ….. considering all my problems with compost - AND the weather.
Got a fair few euphorbia starting to take off ….

Also a little geranium called Bill Wallis
And a bright white Iberis

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - MartinH - 01-05-2023

The garden is changing every day at the moment. In another week the show will be significantly different.

This morning we have:

Polyanthus and wallflowers coming to an end, Sweet Williams just starting to flower:

[attachment=6257]

The last of my yellow tulips, campanula in the wall behind coming out:

[attachment=6258]

Self-seeded Welsh poppies keeping the Spanish bluebells company. A multi-national combination:

[attachment=6256]

Apple blossom looking at its best just now. (Pear blossom, not pictured, going over):

[attachment=6255]

More in the next post...

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - MartinH - 01-05-2023

The very first French marigold in the greenhouse:

[attachment=6262]

Forget-me-nots looking good, and the bluebells are approaching their peak:

[attachment=6261]

Double-flowered greater celendines under the Rhododendrons:

[attachment=6260]

Honesty, with orange-tip butterflly in attendence:

[attachment=6259]

The late spring has done many plants a favour, the young growth hasn't got frosted this year. Bodes well for the year!

I’ve got a solitary marigold in flower too.