Garden And Gossip Forums
What's in flower on 1st of month? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Forum: All about Flowers and Ornamentals (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: What's in flower on 1st of month? (/showthread.php?tid=1338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - JJB - 02-04-2023

Daffs, doronicum, selfheal and the odd daisy in the lawn, vinca, iberis, bittercress (when isn't that in flower?), primrose and polyanthus, grape and normal hyacinth, the odd Crocus still hanging in there. There maybe more when I go out to look properly.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Bren - 02-04-2023

Daffodils, primulas and Kale.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Veggie - 02-04-2023

(01-04-2023, 08:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'd forgotten it was the 1st today! From memory:-
Daffodils, tulips, grape hyacinths, hyacinths, camellia, forsythia, flowering currant, cherry, peach and plum trees, primrose, yellow and red, celandine, daisy, periwinkle, forgetmenot, aubretia,
Adding Honesty, violets, kerria, white comfrey, dandelion, lovage.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Can the Man - 02-04-2023

My daffodils, tulips, cherry blossom and my Japanese cherry, some primroses and violas and just noticed some heathers.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Vinny - 02-04-2023

Its the same every year I have loads of flowers on my plum tree and pear tree. I've never had a plum in three years and ONE pear last year so anything better than that is a bonus? Rolleyes

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - MartinH - 02-04-2023

It was a lovely day today so I took photos of flowers that were out yesterday...

Polyanthus and wallflowers that I grew from seed:

[attachment=6044]

A flowering current and a Mahonia, both in the garden when we moved in:

[attachment=6043]

Pieris and Forsythia, also here when we came. I am hoping the young growth on the Pieris survives the next couple of cold nights (it got hit last year):

[attachment=6042]

Daffodills, a Viola, Lungwort, here when we came (although I've planted quite a few more daffs to keep this one company):

[attachment=6041]

Dog violets and dandelions:

[attachment=6040]

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Mark_Riga - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 04:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Its the same every year I have loads of flowers on my plum tree and pear tree. I've never had a plum in three years and ONE pear last year so anything better than that is a bonus? Rolleyes
Do you have wood pigeons?  The ones round our way go for the fruitlets on both plum and pear trees. And this year I'm sure they have been going for the blossom buds already. Also squirrels go for the fruit before it ripens.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Veggie - 02-04-2023

Bullfinches are the problem here. I've been watching them this week, pecking the apple tree buds. I'm going to bag some of the fruit this year.

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Can the Man - 02-04-2023

The bull finches here decimate the cherry tree buds

RE: What's in flower on 1st of month? - Scarlet - 02-04-2023

(02-04-2023, 08:30 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote:
(02-04-2023, 04:26 PM)Vinny Wrote: Its the same every year I have loads of flowers on my plum tree and pear tree. I've never had a plum in three years and ONE pear last year so anything better than that is a bonus? Rolleyes
Do you have wood pigeons?  The ones round our way go for the fruitlets on both plum and pear trees. And this year I'm sure they have been going for the blossom buds already. Also squirrels go for the fruit before it ripens.
Pigeons have mine Sad its got progressively worse... I can usually count at least half a dozen pigeons in the garden at the same time. They even get in the greenhouse sometimes.