Garden And Gossip Forums
I can feel another experimiment coming on! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Nutty as a fruit cake (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: I can feel another experimiment coming on! (/showthread.php?tid=1326)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: I can feel another experimiment coming on! - Moth - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 01:17 AM)Veggie Wrote: I already drink mint, sage, rosemary, lemon balm and pine needle teas but want to mix them with other things like apple peel, elderflower & berries, raspberries, rose petals & hips to make them more exciting. I forget to gather them at the right time though!!

Fennel seeds make a very pleasant tea.

RE: I can feel another experimiment coming on! - Vinny - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 12:55 PM)Moth Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 01:17 AM)Veggie Wrote: I already drink mint, sage, rosemary, lemon balm and pine needle teas but want to mix them with other things like apple peel, elderflower & berries, raspberries, rose petals & hips to make them more exciting. I forget to gather them at the right time though!!

Fennel seeds make a very pleasant tea.
The Romans used to chew them as  a breath freshener. (Took away the stink of all the garlic they ate) Big Grin Wnen I waa growing it I used to gather some seeds in the morning and chew them whilst walking the dog. Smile

RE: I can feel another experimiment coming on! - Moth - 21-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 04:00 PM)Vinny Wrote: The Romans used to chew them as  a breath freshener. (Took away the stink of all the garlic they ate) Big Grin Wnen I waa growing it I used to gather some seeds in the morning and chew them whilst walking the dog. Smile

Also a very good cure for wind. Angel

And if you have a dog whose diet makes him whiffy and windy, half a teaspoon of fennel seeds in his dinner every day will keep him fit for pleasant society. Big Grin

RE: I can feel another experimiment coming on! - JJB - 21-11-2021

^^^ does it work on husbands? Big Grin

RE: I can feel another experimiment coming on! - Moth - 22-11-2021

(21-11-2021, 10:12 PM)JJB Wrote: ^^^ does it work on husbands? Big Grin

I don't know. I've never had one. Had plenty of dogs. Big Grin

RE: I can feel another experimiment coming on! - Vinny - 23-11-2021

My experiment is at a bit of a standstill at the moment. Smile I am still 'Freezzer feasting' which makes for some rather weird meals.Combining freezer feaating with Meatless Monday yesterday made for an interesting meal. Rolleyes
Out of the back of the cupboard I dragged a Fray Bentos Vegetable Balti tinned pie which must have been in there about a year. With it I had Cauliflower cheese  along with a meatless chilli and rice that somehow had sneaked it's way into the freexer!

I went shopping with Daughter on Saturday but couldn't find any yellow stickered stuff of interest so will have to stick with freezer and allotment stuff for the time being.