Garden And Gossip Forums
Rogues gallery - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Rogues gallery (/showthread.php?tid=1271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Rogues gallery - Veggie - 02-08-2023

I was going to say that its the first time I've seen you with clothes on . Big Grin

RE: Rogues gallery - MartinH - 02-08-2023

It stopped raining for a few seconds this afternoon so I slipped into the garden and took a selfie.

It shocked me a bit, because I've been unwell this last week and I look even more gaunt and haggard than usual. But whatevs, here it is. Don't laugh.

[attachment=6864]

RE: Rogues gallery - Veggie - 02-08-2023

Lovely flowers, Martin.................and I didn't laugh, honest. Big Grin

RE: Rogues gallery - Broadway - 02-08-2023

You look better than me Martin

RE: Rogues gallery - JJB - 03-08-2023

Good to put a face to the name Martin.

Vinny, didn't know you could scrub up that well. ?

I do love this thread, it makes the posts so much more real when you can picture the person. It's like a cookery book with pictures in.

RE: Rogues gallery - Vinny - 13-02-2024

I need to renew my driving licence as nearly 70 yers old so got some passport photo's taken because I may as well renew my passport as well.

It was a bit of a shock to see myself without specs or hat, neither of which are allowed to be worn for these photo's! Rolleyes

RE: Rogues gallery - Veggie - 13-02-2024

I'm surprised they don't make you shave your beard off for the photo as you'd look completely different with it dyed black or shaved off. I suppose they rely on your eyes!

RE: Rogues gallery - JJB - 14-02-2024

(13-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Vinny Wrote: I need to renew my driving licence as nearly 70 yers old so got some passport photo's taken because I may as well renew my passport as well.

It was a bit of a shock to see myself without specs or hat, neither of which are allowed to be worn for these photo's! Rolleyes

Thanks for the reminder Vinny I'll need to do my driving licence soon too. What a faff trying to find a photo that's acceptable.

RE: Rogues gallery - Vinny - 14-02-2024

(14-02-2024, 09:51 AM)JJB Wrote:
(13-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Vinny Wrote: I need to renew my driving licence as nearly 70 yers old so got some passport photo's taken because I may as well renew my passport as well.

Thanks for the reminder Vinny I'll need to do my driving licence soon too. What a faff trying to find a photo that's acceptable.
I'm 70 at the end of April. The DVLA sent me a form out to fill in to remind me! Not sure whether I can do it online or not yet,but either way I needed a photograph. I went to a photo shop locally as I didnt fancy sitting in one of those booths. It was the same price for a more personal experience anyway? The photographer said " You'll need to take your hat and specs off and sit with the white background" He showed me the photo and said "Is that ok?" Fine sez I, even though I was still  'specless' and couldn't focus on photo!
Even though I have no plans to go abroad just now, and because I now have four photographs,I thought I may as well renew my pasport which lapsed a good few years ago. After Helen wa diagnosed with a brain anuerism she couldn't go abroad anymore because of pressure changes in the aircraft so it was pointless renewing our passports.