Garden And Gossip Forums
A little renovation - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle.... (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: A little renovation (/showthread.php?tid=1131)

Pages: 1 2

A little renovation - Small chilli - 12-06-2021

I picked up this unusual looking table from the local buy & sell group. To be honest if it hadn’t of been a friend selling it, I would of walked away from it. The before photos really don’t show the poor connection it was in.

[attachment=3120] [attachment=3121] [attachment=3122]

A week and a half later . It looks like this.

[attachment=3123] [attachment=3124] [attachment=3125]

I’m very pleased with it.

RE: A little renovation - Veggie - 12-06-2021

Lovely, SC.Smile Just needs a little pony to pull it around. Big Grin

RE: A little renovation - Jimny14 - 12-06-2021

Looks in lovely condition now. Can't help but think that it may have originally just been a table which has had its trolley added later. It's a bit difficult to tell scale wise but is the table top quite high? As in good for using when standing now?

RE: A little renovation - Small chilli - 12-06-2021

(12-06-2021, 04:05 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: Looks in lovely condition  now. Can't help but think that it may have originally just been a table which has had its trolley added later. It's a bit difficult to tell scale wise but is the table top quite high? As in good for using when standing now?
Don’t think the wheels were added later. Just done a google image search and quite a few came up.

[attachment=3126]

The table is quite high. Higher than a coffee table, lower than a dining table.

I imagine the maid/butler serving afternoon tea on it. Perfect for you and Bob.Smile

RE: A little renovation - JJB - 12-06-2021

All round to SC's for high tea. Scones, cucmber sandwiches (with no crusts), devilled kidneys on toast? Smile

It looks wonderful after your brilliant renovation

RE: A little renovation - Small chilli - 12-06-2021

After some more googling. I do seem to have a tea cart. It’s quirky, I like it  Cool .
You’d be more than welcome JJB  Smile , I’ll make the scones, you bring the sandwiches    Big Grin .

I do seem to have a thing for tables    Blush  Huh . I’ve got a lovely little card table waiting for some TLC. I might do that next. More of a challenge it’s in 2 pieces. It’s not supposed to be.

RE: A little renovation - Spec - 12-06-2021

A great job there Sc, just wish I had time for doing things like that Rolleyes

RE: A little renovation - Bren - 12-06-2021

I do like the design on the table top its kind of different.

Is there a drawer under the table - should here be one at each end?

The design on the table reminds me of a face - maybe a cartoon duck's face? If you look at the swirl about the handle in he 4th photo, you'll see it. I can't unsee it now. Smile

.............and, the bits between the swirly bits look like false teeth. ..............Sorry!