Garden And Gossip Forums
What's always in your pockets? - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: What's always in your pockets? (/showthread.php?tid=1126)

Pages: 1 2

What's always in your pockets? - Jimny14 - 08-06-2021

I have recently seen  couple of bits about the EDC (every day carry) sub culture, be careful if you google it, you can quickly end up in websites based on "preppers" especially from USA. 
Basically it's what you have in your pockets every day and trying to rationalise why you carry what you do. 

It got me thinking about what would be useful to always have to hand when in the garden. I tend to carry a knife which I find very helpful, but other than that I tend to have to go to the shed and pick up the tools I want if I see something that needs doing. 

I'm interested to know, is there anything that when heading to the garden is there anything that you always pick up and stick in your pocket (or already have there) that you find invaluable when in the garden.

RE: What's always in your pockets? - Veggie - 08-06-2021

I have a builder's bucket that lives in the GH that I grab before heading out into the garden. In it are gardening gloves, trowel, secateurs, sometimes string or seeds to sow that day. Its also my collecting bucket for bringing back cuttings, crops, whatever.

My pocket is just a hankie. Smile

RE: What's always in your pockets? - Spec - 08-06-2021

I always have a set of keys, a knife and a handkerchief, the keys are required for opening the hut or garage, the knife for cutting things the handkerchief for wrapping round to stop the bleeding, when I cut the wrong things Rolleyes

RE: What's always in your pockets? - Small chilli - 09-06-2021

I’ve always got a knife in my pocket and a hair band.

RE: What's always in your pockets? - Bren - 09-06-2021

I've mentioned before that I do early morning gardening in my JP's  Rolleyes   its not intentional I wonder around clutching my mug of tea next thing I'm weeding or planting then I spot droopy seedlings so I start watering.   The mugs forgotten so i eventually go back indoors for breakfast and a catch up on line.

So I probably only have a tissue in my pocket if that, but my gardens not that big so its to grab things from my GH.

RE: What's always in your pockets? - Vinny - 09-06-2021

Not just for gardening but I always carry a face mask and a doggy poo bag with me. Sometimes they go through the washer if I forget to take them out of my pocket. Rolleyes

RE: What's always in your pockets? - JJB - 09-06-2021

I have a freebie rather robust Xmas themed carrier bag that goes out with me every day. It varies in what it contains. Seeds for the day, record book, bit that have migrated indoors but should be out. Change of clothes (strappy vest, shorts), reading glasses and anything I would have to come indoors for.

Like veggie, if I have a pocket it's got a tissue in it.

RE: What's always in your pockets? - PyreneesPlot - 09-06-2021

Usually just a wodge of tissues because I've finally learnt that my nose only/always runs at the furthest end of the garden or at the muddiest part of the day.

RE: What's always in your pockets? - Scarlet - 09-06-2021

Interesting this as I've been looking for some kind of gardening belt/bag. I always have my secateurs in my hand, I would also like my phone Big Grin the phone gets left everywhere and often I have to get my husbands phone to call it so I can find it. I was waiting for a call a few weeks back and had to tuck it in my knickers Big Grin

I mostly wear legging type trousers and a tshirt- so no pockets!

RE: What's always in your pockets? - Can the Man - 09-06-2021

In my trousers, I always have a hanky and my trusty penknife. I also have a pair of gardening gloves and some string in my jacket pocket. I always wear a cap, don’t want to get any skin cancer on my head face ears etc....