Garden And Gossip Forums
Freecycle and similar websites - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle.... (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: Freecycle and similar websites (/showthread.php?tid=1096)

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 11-10-2022

IN came a "Student Planner Academic Diary" which I'm trying to rethink into a "Student Gardener Diary". I almost feel sorry for students if they have to fill in all the different sections of this diary. Its taken all day for me to find them all.
OUT went the baby gate that I was given a few days ago. It wasn't one of the rigid metal gates but an automatic concertina opening one. Very nice but I can't fit it to a GH door.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Small chilli - 11-10-2022

Bob came home with 4 hogget & mint burgers.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Can the Man - 12-10-2022

(11-10-2022, 09:13 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Bob came home with 4 hogget & mint burgers.
Ooh I love lamb and mint burgers

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Small chilli - 12-10-2022

It’s been a good foodie day.
Bob had to go to the slaughterhouse to fix something. He came home with a big bag of honey & chilli spare ribs and some beef burgers.
Then we went to the cafe ( our building template ) they were quite so we got a free bowl of vegetable soup with a cheese scone. As we were leaving we were handed to individual portions of lobster macaroni, that had just come out the oven.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 13-10-2022

Just an OUT today - a Microwave that was an IN a few months ago - since replaced by 2 better, also Free ones.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Small chilli - 15-10-2022

Today’s in. Left in holiday cottage. Long grain rice. Half dozen eggs, smoked cheese, Camembert, sweet chilli crackers, spuds & butter.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 15-10-2022

Makings of a nice meal there SC.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 15-10-2022

IN today - a box of very random but new items including the one thing I wanted - one of those small 16 drawer units that crafty people use - or in my case, junk hoarders. Not sure you're ready for the rest but I'll tell you anyway:-
A tealight burner in the shape of an owl and 5 packs of wax cubes
A pair of "Odd Socks" Arm warmers!
A colouring book full of uplifting sentiments
Rabbit shaped salt & pepper shakers
Two picture frames
A slate heart with 50 on it
A red tin heart with a bell on the bottom
A glass vase containing an artificial succulent embedded in gravel and layers of multi-coloured sand. (The vase would be useful if I can remove the contents but they seem to be glued in.)
A zipped CD holder (?more seed storage?)
and for Scarlet, a pink bell that says "Ring for Prosecco". Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 16-10-2022

IN today - a big water proof coat - so big that my hands disappear from sight in the sleeves - I'm regifting that to someone larger.
Also IN - some gardening books - some of which I already have so they'll be regifted too and a bag and a half of Burns Puppy food. Don't tell the dogs that they're not really puppies now (they're either 7 or 8 in December).
OUT, temporarily, went the sack truck to someone who was giving away a fridgefreezer - its back home again now.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Small chilli - 16-10-2022

(16-10-2022, 07:20 PM)Veggie Wrote: IN today - a big water proof coat - so big that my hands disappear from sight in the sleeves - I'm regifting that to someone larger.
Also IN - some gardening books - some of which I already have so they'll be regifted too and a bag and a half of Burns Puppy food. Don't tell the dogs that they're not really puppies now (they're either 7 or 8 in December).
OUT, temporarily, went the sack truck to someone who was giving away a fridgefreezer - its back home again now.
Definitely 8. December 2014. I remember it very well. Your puppies helped me though a difficult time.