Garden And Gossip Forums
Freecycle and similar websites - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle.... (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: Freecycle and similar websites (/showthread.php?tid=1096)

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Scarlet - 30-07-2022

(30-07-2022, 05:10 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Personally I prefer fish cooked on the bone, but I live with two people that don't really like fish and if I gave them a whole one, they'd leave the table lol
My husband was the same when he met me.... I kept serving it up with a lettuce leaf covering the head Big Grin he's fine now.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 31-07-2022

I went to pick up some A4 Photo sleeves (holding 4 photos or, for me, 4 seed packets). That's the theory anyway.
IN came about 100 sleeves, and an invitation to look around the garden, and ended up with a bag of beans to take home.
The garden was really nice with a huge GH and a peach tree that had produced over 100 peaches this year! Made my dozen or so seem pathetic.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Farendwoman - 01-08-2022

Absolutely thrilled to be given three Silverwood baking sheets that fit my oven grooves perfectly. Needed a bit of a cleanup but now look as good as new. Really sturdy - just love em!

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 01-08-2022

Nice IN, FEW. Big Grin

My INs today are 3 supermarket plastic veg crates (for growing veg in), more toiletries (I won't need to buy any hand/body wash or shampoo for the rest of the year and probably next year too..........and 2 Cartons of Almond Milk. Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 05-08-2022

IN yesterday came 2 boxes of Fruit tea bags (in walking distant too!)
IN today came 4 Mountain Warehouse/Regatta fleece tops (I was only expecting 2) and an unexpected bonus of 2 T shirts and a Bluetooth speaker (that I'd been promised weeks ago!).
Also, to feed the Moneyless Chicken, 3 loaves of bread, white and wholemeal, a baguette, 2 boxes of salad (probably for the real chicken, some custard pastries and a Carrot cake.
Also IN, 4 Ice lolly moulds - maybe a way of using some fruit juice up and replace bought icecreams (not sure!).

Collected 5 tins of cat food and passed them onto the sourdough bread lady who has injured her leg and can't drive.
OUT went a carrier bag of courgettes to the aforementioned fleece lady and a book that I collected last week went to my brother.

Anyone like a slice of carrot cake? Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Vinny - 05-08-2022

(05-08-2022, 03:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: IN yesterday came 2 boxes of Fruit tea bags (in walking distant too!)
IN today came 4 Mountain Warehouse/Regatta fleece tops (I was only expecting 2) and an unexpected bonus of 2 T shirts and a Bluetooth speaker (that I'd been promised weeks ago!).
Also, to feed the Moneyless Chicken, 3 loaves of bread, white and wholemeal, a baguette, 2 boxes of salad (probably for the real chicken,  some custard pastries and a Carrot cake.
Also IN, 4 Ice lolly moulds - maybe a way of using some fruit juice up and replace bought icecreams (not sure!).

Collected 5 tins of cat food and passed them onto the sourdough bread lady who has injured her leg and can't drive.
OUT went a carrier bag of courgettes to the aforementioned fleece lady and a book that I collected last week went to my brother.

Anyone like a slice of carrot cake? Big Grin
Just had the last of my yellow stickered 40p carrot cake for my brekkie this morning with a nice cuppa! Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 05-08-2022

I'd forgotten how much I liked carrot cake until I just ate a slice. This one is Tesco's Finest @ £3.10. Best before 4th August 07.49. Why is there a time on it?? Does it mean that everyone should be eating it for breakfast because later in the day its "Not best".?

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 06-08-2022

No, it means if you eat carrot cake after 07.49 you turn into a mad very little old lady. Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 06-08-2022

(06-08-2022, 08:44 AM)JJB Wrote: No, it means if you eat carrot cake after 07.49 you turn into a mad very little old lady. Big Grin
.............and when you're a day or more late you become as normal as Jen. Tongue

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 06-08-2022

(06-08-2022, 09:32 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 08:44 AM)JJB Wrote: No, it means if you eat carrot cake after 07.49 you turn into a mad very little old lady. Big Grin
.............and when you're a day or more late you become as normal as Jen. Tongue

Normal moi??  More likely a mad slightly bigger old lady.  Grimm fairy tales come to mind, I'd make a wonderful witch......very fond of children, for breakfast (with carrot cake of course) Big Grin