Garden And Gossip Forums
Freecycle and similar websites - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle.... (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: Freecycle and similar websites (/showthread.php?tid=1096)

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 06-05-2022

(05-05-2022, 08:17 PM)Veggie Wrote: A strange assortment of INs today - 2 sliced loaves and a Tiger's Bloomer, 2 Iced buns, 2 cinnamon swirls, 2 sprinkly pink doughnuts, some cheese topped rolls and some Scotch buns, all from an OLIO collector and 4 bags of Haylage. I had no idea what it was but it sounded useful Big Grin
OUT went a bundle of bamboo canes to a needy gardener.

At least these days, if anyone visits you'll have baked goods to offer, but never mind the dusting, one out of two ain't bad Smile

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 06-05-2022

Any visitors should have come yesterday - there's not much left in the cake department now. Big Grin

Gutty piggy!

If you run, there a pink doughnut and a cinnamon swirl left. Tongue

(06-05-2022, 11:13 AM)Veggie Wrote: If you run, there a pink doughnut and a cinnamon swirl left. Tongue

No running today, not even for a cinnamon swirl, tempting though it is. Smile

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - SarrissUK - 06-05-2022

I make very good cinnamon swirls Smile We call them kanelbullar Smile

Don't tell JJB or she'll be hammering on your door.Big Grin

My IN today was an electric kettle. Works perfectly unlike the one I was using that dribbled when pouring. Bit risky with boiling water.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 07-05-2022

I can smell cinnamon swirls from miles away. The gooey ones are best. Smile

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 07-05-2022

Today's INs were an enormous compost bin and a microwave. Big Grin
The compost bin is a big conical one, I could wear it like a crinoline with the lid as a matching hat. When is Ladies Day at Chelsea? I have an outfit now. Going to stuff it with haylage as the smell of ripe bananas is a bit overwhelming in the GH.
The microwave is about the same size as the basic one I've been using but it has more bells and whistles - like a clock and a grill/combi oven.
Amazing what people give away - I'm pleased to say. Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 09-05-2022

Yesterday's INs were 4 huge ceramic garden pots with rosemary, lavender and a conifer in and a load of DIY glues and grouts and who knows what and I swapped some packets of seed.
Todays INs are a Sourdough loaf and 7 garlic sourdough pizza type slices, with a selection of olives, tomatoes, onion and seeds on top. I ate one lunchtime and they're so filling - but very tasty. Big Grin
Also a large pack of barley straw for animal bedding. When I picked this up, there was a "Help yourself" table set up in the garden - so I did! Bars of soap and some lotions and potions, a notebook and an AvoSeedo!! Its a green plastic, avocado shaped "boat". You put an avocado stone in the boat, float the boat and the stone is supposed to root. Need to find a yellow sticker avocado now. Big Grin