Garden And Gossip Forums
Freecycle and similar websites - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle.... (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129)
+--- Thread: Freecycle and similar websites (/showthread.php?tid=1096)

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 19-12-2021

No, Bren, I haven't. I imagine its like a can of worms.!
Maybe I could throw it into veggie soup and call it minestrone?

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 19-12-2021

IIRC the sauce resembles baked bean sauce and the spaghetti is soft and mushy. Used to eat it on toast as a kid too, just like BBeans. Healthy eating hadn't been invented then. Smile

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 19-12-2021

Picked up some new batteries - the big round ones for torches and then to Morries where I offloaded a carrier bag of books for their charity book stall. They sell them for 50p , kids books are free.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 01-01-2022

Its been a good couple of days for the Moneyless Chicken (my new persona).
Yesterday I gave away a "Diet Doodle Diary" - unused and never will be by me and a pile of Good Housekeeping magazines (also unread) . The 16 tins of spaghetti and 6 tins of tomato soup have also been taken.
Collected a bag of toiletries - mostly body wash and today, I hit the jackpot!! The unwanted contents of a Christmas food hamper..............a box of Family Circle biscuits, chocolate biscuits, Sainsbury's shortbread, Tub of retro sweets, box of Winegums, noodles and a huge bar of Cadbury's Orange chocolate. Big Grin Also 3 glass storage jars, the sort that lie on their sides and you put your hand in through the neck and pull out a sweet, biscuit or a spoonful of something. I'm sure I'll think of a use for them.Wink

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 01-01-2022

You do very well V, our local freecycle never has anything like biscuits, I couldn't give away my gardening magazines.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 01-01-2022

The site I'm on, has everything your heart desires - and the bonus is, its all within my postcode area so not far to travel, some I can walk to.
At the moment, I'm offering (decluttering) some greeting cards, I'll never use, a couple of books, a pair of high leather boots that are too painful to wear and a batman keyring torch that was in a laptop bag I acquired. He's quite cute but not cute enough to keep.

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 02-01-2022

The greeting cards have gone and the books are being collected tomorrow. The boots haven't gone walkies yet and Batman is still sitting alongside me, waiting to be advertised.. I was gifted a 2022 Diary.
Tomorrow, I have 3 pick ups to do - some books, a garden kneeler and pop-up bag and a grabbie thing to hold a phone, handsfree. All 3 are quite close together which is a bonus.Smile

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 03-01-2022

Collected the books, kneeler and pop-up bag, .grabbie thing and a bigger better 2022 Diary and a very nice blank page Journal.
Gave away a recumbent exercise bike and regifted a bath bomb, a Christmas pudding game and a bag of Sherbert Dabs and Sherbert fountains. Bit of a motley collection. Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - JJB - 03-01-2022

Sherbert dabs not to be confused with bath bombs, similar fizz not quite the same taste Big Grin

RE: Freecycle and similar websites - Veggie - 03-01-2022

Hard to swallow a bath bomb - not that I've tried!!