Garden And Gossip Forums
Harvest Festival 2021 - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: Competitions (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+--- Forum: Harvest Festival 2021 (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=132)
+--- Thread: Harvest Festival 2021 (/showthread.php?tid=1091)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Harvest Festival 2021 - Veggie - 19-05-2021

We are pleased to announce that G&G will be holding their Annual Harvest Festival at the end of September.
You are warmly invited to join us at this Virtual Event. [Image: wink.png]

We hope that you will share with us the finest of your crops and produce (in photographic form) and we will soon be listing some items that we would like to receive to make this Festival a success. 
Meanwhile, take lots of photos of your veg, fruit and flower harvests and keep the best ones somewhere safe in anticipation.[Image: wink.png]

Further details to follow. [Image: smile.png]

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - Small chilli - 20-05-2021

That’s so exciting. Hopefully I’ll have something worth entering this year.

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - JJB - 20-05-2021

Something to look forward to. Let's hope the summer gives us some lovely produce.

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - Jimny14 - 20-05-2021

I'm hoping the weather changes soon and we start getting some growth in the veg patch. So far I've got some broad beans up approx 6", potatoes in the ground are not up yet (planted first weekend in may) beetroot seedlings just starting to poke through. Autumn garlic looking good though and the globe artichoke is trying to grow again now. Hopefully we'll all get some good growing weather from now on and have lots of lovely produce to show off.

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - doublyjonah - 20-05-2021

Sounds like I'm not the only one watching my seedlings doing nothing much...Looking forward to the sunshine and the harvest!

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - Bren - 20-05-2021

I find one of the hardest things is to remember to take photos, I'm usually half way through eating, by then it's to late.

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - doublyjonah - 20-05-2021

(20-05-2021, 04:39 PM)Bren Wrote: I find one of the hardest things is to remember to take photos, I'm usually half way through eating, by then it's to late.
Category: best leftovers?

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - Veggie - 06-07-2021

A little reminder, now that we've started harvesting to take photos ready for the Harvest Festival.
If you use the classes in last year's Festival as a guide, you'll be on the right track although there will be some subtle changes.Wink
2020 Classes:-
Best container of veg - growing or harvested
Best container of fruit - growing or harvested
Best container of flowers - growing or harvested
Tallest sunflower
Funniest veg or fruit
Most amusing Trombone squash
Best failure
Homegrown Ingredients for a meal - before and after preparation.
Something from the kitchen - jam/pickle/homebrew
A Repurposed item in the garden

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - Small chilli - 06-07-2021

I’m excited  Big Grin

RE: Harvest Festival 2021 - Admin - 27-07-2021

As an added incentive there's £40 in the prize kitty. This has the potential to rise as every unique entrant will add a £1 (to a maximum of £60)