Garden And Gossip Forums
Mistakes - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Mistakes (/showthread.php?tid=1042)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Mistakes - JJB - 23-04-2021

In the shallot thread we were talking about making mistakes,  but that they weren't really mistakes but just a learning process.

How about owning up to these 'learning processes' for a bit of self flagellation and letting everyone learn with you.

My prime one this year was sowing broad beans in the autumn in root trainers in November but keeping them in the gh come spring.  They became very leggy and when planted out folded over and were really unhappy in the cold nights.  Another lesson learned is don't put the pot of gh peas smack dab in the middle of the gh border - they've taken root through the pot and will shortly be in the way.

Unfortunately I don't seem to learn too well from my mistakes because by next spring I will have forgotten.

RE: Mistakes - Veggie - 23-04-2021

This thread was started hours ago and no replies yet!!
Does this mean that we're all perfect except JJB and Broadway? Wink

RE: Mistakes - Spec - 23-04-2021

^^^^^^Yes

One of my mistakes, again this year was sowing seeds far too early, yet again struggling for space, however for next year I will bookmark this post, as no doubt the same question will come up, then I have the answer all readyRolleyes

RE: Mistakes - Small chilli - 23-04-2021

I’ll be back later. The list is far to long!

RE: Mistakes - Broadway - 23-04-2021

(23-04-2021, 01:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ll be back later. The list is far to long!
Don't worry SC it will all come good on "The Build" SmileSmile

RE: Mistakes - JJB - 23-04-2021

(23-04-2021, 12:29 PM)Spec Wrote: ^^^^^^Yes

I have a neighbour who is elderly, housebound because of poor mobility, is a little confused, falls down regularly and can't always get his words out, but if you ask him if he's ok, he answers 'I'm perfect'.............relative of yours Spec???  Big Grin

RE: Mistakes - JJB - 23-04-2021

I'm probably still committing my mistakes this very day, but as long as we're happy doing so, all is well.

Another one being: I had sort of planned a different layout to the patch a while ago, but lost the bit of scribble paper then went ahead with the normal plan, I found the scribble today. Might have been a good idea if only I'd remembered DUH!

Watering the DFB's too much that they rotted.

(23-04-2021, 05:28 PM)JJB Wrote:
(23-04-2021, 12:29 PM)Spec Wrote: ^^^^^^Yes

I have a neighbour who is elderly, housebound because of poor mobility, is a little confused, falls down regularly and can't always get his words out, but if you ask him if he's ok, he answers 'I'm perfect'.............relative of yours Spec???  Big Grin
is he tall, well built, handsome, if so it could be my twin brother

(23-04-2021, 01:03 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ll be back later. The list is far to long!
just put them on individual posts, listing them all in the one post might take up too much space and cause the forum to crash