Garden And Gossip Forums
2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: From seed to plant (edibles) (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Everything Cucurbit (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! (/showthread.php?tid=1036)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Veggie - 20-04-2021

Last year's thread at https://gardenandgossip.org/showthread.php?tid=71&pid=529#pid529

Tell us how many plants you're growing and how many you pick. Smile
Cucumbers, courgettes, squash, melons and so on - all are welcome!

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - doublyjonah - 20-04-2021

Even though I'm rubbish at both growing them and keeping track, this is one of my favorite things on the forum. Cucurbits just look so cool.

Courgette Soleil (seed is several years old, so we'll see)

Squash Delicata

Pumpkin Big Max
Pumpkin Charmant (old seed)
Pumpkin White Casper

Cucumber Moneymaker

Watermelon Sugar Baby

I somehow talked myself out of trombocinos again.

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Bren - 20-04-2021

2 types of cucs
Beth Alpha
Masterpiece

4 types of Courgettes
Romanesco
Black Beauty
All green bush
Tondo di Piacemaza

One Squash
Patisson Gagat

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - JJB - 20-04-2021

COURGETTES

Diamante
Verde di Milano - new this year
Atena Polka
All green Bush
Green machine - new this year
Black beauty
Bianca trieste - my favourite
Pattison gagat (what sort of name is that!) - new this year, freebie seeds

SQUASH

Trombocino
Zephyr - new this year - anyone else any experience?
Delicata Honeyboat - new this year
Ichi Kuri
Sunshine
Crookneck - new this year

CUCUMBERS

Beth alpha
Tasty king
Konsa

Numbers of each to be determined when cucs pop and giveaways given out.

The usual lament, why oh why did I sow so many. As you know there's no point sowing just one seed, you need two in case one fails, then one extra for friends , then another one for luck, etc.before long you have 4- 6 of each variety.

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Small chilli - 20-04-2021

None..............yet
Waiting for germination, then I’ll tell you  Smile . I’m not assuming anything    Wink .

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Veggie - 20-04-2021

I'm not counting mine until they're planted out - that way I might not have to include the 19/60 courgette seeds that are making a bid for freedom.

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Broadway - 23-04-2021

Cucumber – Chengelkoy (3), Louisa (1), Passandra (2) - These have been potted on twice.

Squash - Table King, Uchiki Kuri, Harlequin, Butternut Chieftain,Tromboncino - 2 of each have been sown

Courgette - Sunstripe, Golden Griller, All Green Bush - 2 of each have been sown

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Broadway - 27-04-2021

(23-04-2021, 08:49 AM)Broadway Wrote: Cucumber – Chengelkoy (3), Louisa (1), Passandra (2) - These have been potted on twice.

Squash - Table King, Uchiki Kuri, Harlequin, Butternut Chieftain,Tromboncino - 2 of each have been sown

Courgette - Sunstripe, Golden Griller, All Green Bush - 2 of each have been sown
Regards the squash/courgettes, so far 5 of the 16 have germinated, I would have expected more?

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - JJB - 27-04-2021

(27-04-2021, 10:10 AM)Broadway Wrote:
(23-04-2021, 08:49 AM)Broadway Wrote: Cucumber – Chengelkoy (3), Louisa (1), Passandra (2) - These have been potted on twice.

Regards the squash/courgettes, so far 5 of the 16 have germinated, I would have expected more?

When were they sown Danny, one of my courgettes were sown on the 6th and the last of that type only showed it's head this week, say 25th.  Can you give them a bit of warm?

RE: 2021 - How many Cucurbits are you growing and picked! - Broadway - 27-04-2021

(27-04-2021, 10:38 AM)JJB Wrote:
(27-04-2021, 10:10 AM)Broadway Wrote:

When were they sown Danny, one of my courgettes were sown on the 6th and the last of that type only showed it's head this week, say 25th.  Can you give them a bit of warm?
Hi Jen

I sowed them on the 10th so maybe just being a tad impatientSmile

They have been in a warm bedroom however I'll cover with some bubble wrap to see if thank helps.