Garden And Gossip Forums
Cut Flower Business - Printable Version

+- Garden And Gossip Forums (https://gardenandgossip.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General discussion (https://gardenandgossip.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Cut Flower Business (/showthread.php?tid=1276)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Cut Flower Business - Scarlet - 13-09-2021

(13-09-2021, 08:50 PM)Mark_Riga Wrote: A lot would depend on the cost of a stall on your local market. In Nantwich, nearest one to us, it used to be £40 for the day 8am to 3pm.
It's less than £30 - it's all doable. I can pay for the stall with a days flowers sales from my gate....the stall isn't just for the extra flower sales. A little advertising may get me some more wedding bouquet orders. The couple of days I can do over the next coupe of sales would give me an idea on what will selll/how many I can expect to need, interest etc.....and I would only want to sell seasonal flowers - so April until the first frosts

(13-09-2021, 08:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: How about Slug bouquets because your drawing looks like a slug.Smile
What about snails? They can look cute. There's a delicatessen where I live called Snails, its really popular despite its name!
I did think snail when I drew it....I just wanted to get you thinking! 
snail is better than worm.

RE: Cut Flower Business - Small chilli - 13-09-2021

Name is easy!  Big Grin  DDD

Dahlia Deva D****

(13-09-2021, 09:28 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Name is easy!  Big Grin  DDD

Dahlia Deva D****
OH suggested similar but I thought using a particular flower name may make people think that's all I do?

RE: Cut Flower Business - Veggie - 13-09-2021

Could you combine your flower stall with your other arty crafts. How about celebratory packages - flowers, cake and an item of jewellery or an enamelled thingy as a permanent keepsake?
How about ladybirds in your logo? They're cute too.

(13-09-2021, 09:45 PM)Veggie Wrote: Could you combine your flower stall with your other arty crafts. How about celebratory packages - flowers, cake and an item of jewellery or an enamelled thingy as a permanent keepsake?
How about ladybirds in your logo? They're cute too.
Yes, I was hoping I could sell enamel goods - a little jewellery/hanging trinkets etc. at the same time as the flowers...

RE: Cut Flower Business - Veggie - 13-09-2021

Can you make things that look like flowers/leaves/bees/butterflies/snails/worms/slugs?

Snail earrings perhaps?

(13-09-2021, 10:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: Can you make things that look like flowers/leaves/bees/butterflies/snails/worms/slugs?

Snail earrings perhaps?
Yes, I already do a few snail things Smile

RE: Cut Flower Business - Vinny - 14-09-2021

My SIL used to live at Rose Cottage so naturally her shop was called Rose Cottage Flowers! Smile Does your house have a name you could incorporate Scarlet?

Mine would be 'No 22 flowers'!! Rolleyes Big Grin

RE: Cut Flower Business - Veggie - 14-09-2021

Petals Galore?
Not just flowers?
Flowers & More?