Enter our 1st birthday competition now!
Admin Offline
The Boss
The 15th of May 2021 marks the forums 1st birthday.

To celebrate this milestone, we will be having another competition with a prize of £25 in vouchers of the winners choice. Keep your eyes peeled for more information 

Have fun Smile
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 10 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Eyren, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
Our 1st Birthday competition is now open Smile

All you have to do is write why you belong to the forum and what areas you like best. It must have a minimum of 25 words. I will act as judge so all can take part. The competition will close at midnight on the 14 May and the winner announced on our birthday (15th May)

Get typing and the £25 voucher could be yours
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
25 minimum..............whats the maximum! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
No maximum Vinny
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(02-04-2021, 03:42 PM)Admin Wrote: No maximum Vinny
  Cool
No limit on number of chapters then.  Rolleyes
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Admin Offline
The Boss
Why I like the forum

A good mix of information and humour in an add free environment. The members are a good mix of new and experienced gardeners who are happy to help each other in our common interest.

A bit of trumpet blowing but we are free of over zealous moderation.
[-] The following 7 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(04-04-2021, 09:07 AM)Admin Wrote: Why I like the forum

A good mix of information and humour in an add free environment. The members are a good mix of new and experienced gardeners who are happy to help each other in our common interest.

A bit of trumpet blowing but we are free of over zealous moderation.
Give that man the 25 squid! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 8 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
There was once a forum for the garden
For the cost it's a bit of a bargain
There are laughs more than twice
With lots of advice
And some's good if you do beg my pardon
[-] The following 8 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Why do I belong here? I had to follow the mayhem. Wink
Even though our numbers are few, the knowledge is immense. And if we don’t know we’re quite happy to make it up because it’s fun here, never taking anything to seriously  Big Grin . 
I know G&G is a place to get great advice not just about gardening. You’ll always find support & encouragement on the bad days just as much as you’ll have shared excitement on the good days.
Don’t get me started on the dodge backhanded seed dealings that go on here because they are awesome, I love them. Ok , not so dodgy or backhanded but that doesn’t sound as much fun. Even though it really really is  Cool  .

Which areas of the forum ? That’s tricky, that’s like asking me to pick my favourite child chilli ! I do enjoy a visit to the little shop. I like to read all the vegetable based threads especially the chilli threads. Not really a surprise that, is it  Blush . 
Mostly I like being here because it’s always welcoming and even though I’ve never met any of you I feel I can call a lot of you friends  Heart .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 7 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Mikey Offline
As an infrequent guest, I’m never wary about overstaying my welcome. You like all gardeners I’ve ever met are lovely, open, kind hearted, and generous of knowledge with just the right amount of humour mixed in.

You lighten my spirit, and reenergise my soul, being in your company is like being a kid again and walking bare toed across the grass or picking up a worm. I can never tire of that sensation which is why I always return.

As for the best bits, general discussion for me, it’s your company, your madcap ideas, your ingenuity that floats my boat. I’m always behind on the growing stakes so try not to dabble in the look what I did today, but I’ll pop in the shop and join you for tea. Then once full I disappear like a willow the wisp.

Don’t enter me in the Comp though, who knows when I might be back. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 8 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny